Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Recently bought an USB Dongle for Wireless, got an issue or two.

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Simply Nick

Simply Nick

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:59 AM

Posted 21 April 2013 - 10:55 AM

I just recently bought this little fellow (Highest rated, bought from Cinemagic.dk)
Spoiler

1) Everytime I start up the computer, it fails to connect to the internet, and I have to do it manually.
Here's what it says;

nbacp.jpg

I just close it all and manually connect to the wireless internet connection.

Another issue, which probably cannot be solved on this forum because it's related to League Of Legends ~

I cannot connect to the login servers, meaning I cannot play the game. I have tried turning off my Firewall as well as adding exceptions, and my Microsoft Security Essentials have also been turned off. Nothing changed though. I suspect my USB for blocking some connections, I just don't know how to fix that because I don't have the knowledge needed.
2801ocp.jpg

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Simply Nick

Simply Nick
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:40 PM

Seems like this is an more advanced issue.

I cannot open Internet Explorer without getting failed attempts of trying to connect to the internet. I don't know what's going on.

#3 Simply Nick

Simply Nick
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:39 AM

C'mon.. I can't even use Internet Explorer.. There must be someone who can help me, this is bleep frustrating.

#4 chrisd87

chrisd87

• Members
  • 811 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:59 AM

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:03 AM

Honestly, I can't read the error messages that you posted. So what your saying is that it doesn't automatically connect to the wireless connection when you first turn on the computer? But when you click on the connection yourself, and then click connect then it connects fine, and your able to surf the internet? Then you say that you can't even get on internet explorer, but you just said above that, that you're able to connect to the internet if you do it manually? Kind of got me confused on what your trying to accomplish.

As far as IE goes, if you don't have an internet connection before you start IE, then it's going to give you that message. From the screenshot, it looks like your trying to connect via pppoe, which I'm guessing is for a dsl connection? Do you have a seperate wireless router that your connecting to, or are you connecting to a wireless dsl modem that was provided by your isp?

Edited by chrisd87, 25 April 2013 - 11:10 AM.

"Like car accidents, most hardware problems are due to driver ɹoɹɹǝ."

#5 Simply Nick

Simply Nick
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:39 AM

Honestly, I can't read the error messages that you posted. So what your saying is that it doesn't automatically connect to the wireless connection when you first turn on the computer? But when you click on the connection yourself, and then click connect then it connects fine, and your able to surf the internet? Then you say that you can't even get on internet explorer, but you just said above that, that you're able to connect to the internet if you do it manually? Kind of got me confused on what your trying to accomplish.

The automatic connection when turning the computer on does not work, so I have to manually connect to the internet.

I can use Google chrome but I cannot use Internet Explorer. If I attempt to open up Internet Explorer, it attempts to connect to the internet.. (I'm confused here, as it's already connected???)

As far as IE goes, if you don't have an internet connection before you start IE, then it's going to give you that message. From the screenshot, it looks like your trying to connect via pppoe, which I'm guessing is for a dsl connection? Do you have a seperate wireless router that your connecting to, or are you connecting to a wireless dsl modem that was provided by your isp?

There is one modem in the apartment that I connect to using wireless - With the usb dongle that is inserted in my desktop computer, which clearly doesn't work the way it's intended. 

I'm confused myself so I don't know what to provide, ask away.

#6 chrisd87

chrisd87

• Members
  • 811 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:46 AM

Try this and see if it helps for the internet explorer issue. Go to start-type in internet options in the search box-then go to connections. Is there anything listed in there? If so remove the connections, and see what happens. Also go to advanced tab, and click Reset. This will reset IE to it's default state. When your computer first comes on, what error messages does it give? Is it the same one that you posted in your screenshot? That screenshot looks like an error that would happen when you open up IE and not the computer. Is there anyway if the error happens again that you can translate it maybe for me?

#7 Simply Nick

Simply Nick
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:47 PM

Try this and see if it helps for the internet explorer issue. Go to start-type in internet options in the search box-then go to connections. Is there anything listed in there? If so remove the connections, and see what happens. Also go to advanced tab, and click Reset. This will reset IE to it's default state. When your computer first comes on, what error messages does it give? Is it the same one that you posted in your screenshot? That screenshot looks like an error that would happen when you open up IE and not the computer. Is there anyway if the error happens again that you can translate it maybe for me?

I think it's easy if I just record the process, for you to better understand

Quickly found a terrible recording software, but it works, so I recorded a little of it.

I also changed Language to English for you or anybody else to understand

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8o5kh6g273vvdho/niwigu.avi

#8 chrisd87

chrisd87

• Members
  • 811 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:59 PM

That video was useless honestly as I done told you what to do to clear the issue with IE. Your connecting to the SSID that is showing when you click the show connections. Your not connecting to the PPPOE connection in the video, so why are you trying to use it? Delete the PPPOE connection in internet explorer, and it will solve the issue. As far as the connection not starting automatically with computer is probably because you don't have the start automatically check box checked under the connection.

#9 Simply Nick

Simply Nick
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:53 PM

That video was useless honestly as I done told you what to do to clear the issue with IE. Your connecting to the SSID that is showing when you click the show connections. Your not connecting to the PPPOE connection in the video, so why are you trying to use it? Delete the PPPOE connection in internet explorer, and it will solve the issue. As far as the connection not starting automatically with computer is probably because you don't have the start automatically check box checked under the connection.

You asked for a damn translation and I gave it to you. The check box is checked.

But I removed the PPPOE. I didn't know that was the issue which caused this.. but it works now. Thanks, I guess.

#10 chrisd87

chrisd87

• Members
  • 811 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:08 PM

Any-who, thanks for letting us know that it fixed the problem. Hope it goes well for you, and no more problems arise.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users