Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Startup Window

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Deano26

Deano26

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:06 AM

Posted 08 April 2006 - 06:56 AM

:thumbsup: Hi. When I start windows I always end up with an open window on my desktop. It contains a folder which is inside the folder with my ADSL connection program. I did not request this window nor change any setting within the program. I have noticed that if I close the window as soon as it appears then the entire taskbar disappears and shortly reappears. I have also seen another window flash with the DOS environment. This is a real mystery especially considering that I have the desktop icons hidden. Any ideas? Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:06 PM

Posted 08 April 2006 - 03:59 PM

That's a tricky one. I've seen this sort of thing happen before when a program was badly installed, but it could be a registry error or the result of a file being damaged. It might be necessary to uninstall and reinstall your DSL software, but I'd wait for other opinions. Somehow, startup sees this file as needing to start but it's not the right one. Or something like that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users