Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System is crawling...System Idle over 95%..Programs barely run

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 studeguy54

studeguy54

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:09 PM

Posted 20 April 2013 - 08:15 PM

This problem came on in a matter of days....My system has 6GB of memory, has over 500 GB HD that is less than 60% full. Task Manager says System Idle Process is at 95-98% CPU usage. Start-Up is loading a minimal amount of processes. My system is running so slow that it takes minutes to start applications that came up in seconds. The processor light on the PC is lit all the time. This machine, a Dell 570 ran perfectly until a few weeks ago, and now, is virtually unusable. Help!!! What has happened to this machine?

I have defragged this machine using Auslogics, cleaned up the registry using Norton 360 and the system requires a hard-reboot most of the time, as it locks-up. It will run for a few minutes seemingly well, then the processor light goes solid and nothing will run. What is happening?? 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 anyrepli

anyrepli

• Members
  • 160 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2013 - 10:10 AM

Hello studeguy54,

Check the Event viewer logs to see if you are getting any critical or warning events that may be time-coincident with the failures.

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,690 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:09 PM

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:40 PM

studeguy54

Let's get some information which can shed some light of what is happening.

Please use the following link to provide us with information about your computer so that we can assist you.

How to Publish a Snapshot using Speccy

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:

List last 10 Event Viewer log
  List Installed Programs
  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Click on Go to start the scan.  Once it is finished highlight the text, copy it and paste it in your next post.

Edited by dc3, 21 April 2013 - 02:42 PM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 anyrepli

anyrepli

• Members
  • 160 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:23 AM

What happened to studeguy54's problem? I thought this was his thread for his problem? I have only been a member for a few days and this is the second post I've encountered that has been hijacked by the same person.

Mod Edit:  I split the hijacker and posts to his topic...to a new topic - Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 22 April 2013 - 11:40 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users