Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Question Re Avast

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ejardinado

ejardinado

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:07 PM

Posted 16 March 2013 - 09:48 PM

Mod Edit:  Split from http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/488599/windows-7-slow-boot-black-screen-after-login/ - Hamluis.

Under the Device manager, the  Avast! Network Shield, Security Processor Loader Driver and Symantec Vista Network Dispatch Driver where tagged with a yellow flag. Any idea?

Edited by hamluis, 20 April 2013 - 04:30 PM.
PM sent new OP - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sbruno624

sbruno624

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:07 PM

Posted 17 March 2013 - 12:47 AM

Don't hold me to this, but from what I have read, Symantec can mess with it.  I have it installed on my computer so that backs it up.  Honestly I'm not that versed in it, and I don't know if I'm even allowed to ask for logs, but if you run a diagnostic startup and check the log, It should show you whats messing up in the startup.  Go into msconfig and select the diagnostic startup check box.  Couldnt tell you where the log is, pretty sure its in the event viewer thing.  

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,690 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:07 AM

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:31 PM

Under the Device manager, the  Avast! Network Shield, Security Processor Loader Driver and Symantec Vista Network Dispatch Driver where tagged with a yellow flag. Any idea?

I would suggest starting your own topic where your problem will be seen as being unrelated to this topic.  This is your best bet on getting help with your problem.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users