Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 laptop is slow

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 baymerlou

baymerlou

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:20 PM

Posted 20 April 2013 - 03:39 PM

Hi, just came from the virus/malware/trojan etc. section and the help I received was awesome.  The step by step instructions left me comfortable and not confused or apprehensive running programs to fix my computer.  My laptop is now running awesomely (if there's such a word).LOL

Now I'm back in here asking for help to fix my husbands laptop.   It is running so slow, takes forever to open Firefox and other windows including the email and other programs he has running.  

This happened once before while he had Vista so I formatted the hard drive and installed a new copy of Windows 7 and it was fast for a while but then it started slowing down again.  He doesn't use the computer for much other than surfing and has a couple of small programs for his RC Racing hobby. 

Can someone please help me to run some software to clean up his computer and see what's slowing it down?  

Thanks in advance.... I'll post the specs below

Windows 7 Home Premium

SP 1

Aspire Acer Laptop

CPU 1.73 GHz Intel

RAM 1 GB

32-Bit OS

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 baymerlou

baymerlou
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:00 AM

bumping??  Hope this is ok to refresh my quest.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,384 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:30 PM

Worth reading through, IMO:  Slow Computer-browser Check Here First; It May Not Be Malware - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic87058.html .\

Louis

#4 baymerlou

baymerlou
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:35 PM

Thank you for responding.  I did read that through and since this is a laptop I've never taken one apart to clean the internals.  It just slows down, it rarely reboots itself, but my husband does complain that he thinks the hard drive is running too long sometimes.   He needs his computer next weekend so I will not attempt to take it apart before then.   Was hoping to run some software before that to make sure it's clean and maybe that the format and clean install of windows 7 didn't leave residual files behind.  

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,384 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:38 PM

If the MRT personnel in MRL forum...said that it's clean, it's clean, IMO.

If you are going to format/reinstall...this is all moot conversation, IMO.

Louis.

#6 baymerlou

baymerlou
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:31 AM

MRT helped with MY laptop not my husbands.  :(

unfollowing now.... no more responses needed.

Have a nice day.

Edited by baymerlou, 23 April 2013 - 06:32 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users