Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Display issues

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Kelly0101

Kelly0101

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:37 PM

Posted 20 April 2013 - 06:27 AM

Hi all,

My previous computer has died, it refused to display anything on the screen when booting up. After I had a quick look, I noticed the graphics card fans weren't spinning, and my best friend told me that the capacitors had broken, causing a liquid to destroy the card. So I went out and get a new card. But this one refused to display anything as well, so I thought it might be a motherboard issue too, so I got a new motherboard, processor and RAM to go with it. (my previous PC still used DDR2)

now everything is in there, but it still refuses to show me anything on the screen. The screen appears to be fine, because it does show me the *check cables* message when I unplug it. When it's plugged in, it's on standby. The motherboard also refuses to give out any beeps, but this might be a broken speaker, considering the last motherboard didn't do this either. Any ideas?

Kelly

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:37 PM

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:29 PM

While it likely will not change anything, have you tried the monitor with a different computer? Or the computer with a different monitor? This would verify that the monitor is in fact "fine".

The other possibility is that the PSU died when the graphics card went (or maybe the PSU went and killed the graphics card). This could explain why you are not getting any beeps. Do any lights on the computer light up? Does the optical drive "test" spin? In other words, any signs that the motherboard and other components are getting any power at all? Even if they are, it still could be a PSU problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users