Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Free avast program keeps popping up Malicious URL message

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 firefightertom

firefightertom

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:07 PM

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:19 PM

My OS is Vista. Yesterday I was trying to download a confirmation code for Microsoft Office 2007. Since that time, my Avast Spyware has gone crazy. Every few seconds an Avast message pops up saying that a Malicious URL has been blocked. It is somehow linked to C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe or thats what it says anyway? Any ideas how to stop this non-sense     

Mod Edit:  Removed email address, protection from spambots - Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 20 April 2013 - 09:38 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,802 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:07 PM

Posted 20 April 2013 - 09:35 AM

You can use the information at this site to help determine this is a issue with Avast or a virus.  If this is a virus I would suggest starting another topic in theAm I Infected? What Do I Do? forum.

Please be aware that this site advertises PC Cleaner which is a registry cleaner, this site does not endorse the use of these they are overrated, what it does can be accomplished with tools in Windows, and can actually cause damage to the registry which could render your computer inoperable.

The last paragraph addresses finding further assistance, I've already provided the best way to pursue this above.

Why Does the Avast "Malicious URL Blocked" Pop-Up Keep Appearing? | Chron.com

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users