Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

new build, fans and lights powered...nothing, please help

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mateobiggs

mateobiggs

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:07 AM

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:24 PM

When I power it up the fans start, the lights come on, but nothing else.  The disc drive opens when you press it but closes immediately.  If I unhook the SATA cable from the back of the disc drive it will open and close correctly.  The mother board disc is in the tray right now.

Also I have a monitor hooked up to the computer (keyboard, mouse), the monitor says no signal when the computer is powered on.

motherboard FM2A55M-DGS asrock

power supply corsair 430W cx430 r

cpu AMD A6-5400K 3.6G 4M fmr2

mem 8G corsair cmx8gx3m2a1600c11 r

dvd burn samsung sh-224bb

win 7

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 GreenGiant117

GreenGiant117

• Members
  • 294 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 AM

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:27 PM

I ran into a similar issue, try reseating the CPU in the socket, I bought a prebuilt custom and when it got to me it would not power up, lights came on, nothing else, checked everything and it all looked fine, but then unclipped the CPU and reseated and it started right up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users