Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DEP et al

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sikntired

sikntired

• Members
  • 958 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:02 AM

Posted 19 April 2013 - 10:01 AM

Greetings to all,

My OS Win 7x64 SP-1. Lately experiencing slow response from IE 9. In some instances back button does not respond as quickly and at other times I get an error that says IE cannot display the web page. This happened several times while trying to navigate to BC site. I have utilized the MS Utility MR FIXIT to check IE performance issues. It reports that it enabled Data Execution Prevention and also enabled Security Settings to Recommended settings. I don't understand how these are being disabled.

I have AdFender, SpywareBlaster and WOT.

All maintenance is done through Automatic Updating and Scheduling (eg, Disk Cleanup, Defragmenting,etc). I also delete browser cache

and temporary internet files.

Recently ran MR FIXIT utility specifically for files and folders and it reported Recycle Bin was corrupt and fixed. It also reported something about Icons (not sure what all this said) but supposedly fixed. Should have copied results.

I routinely do Malware scans and have MSE,SAS and MBAM. Nothing of importance found. This problem is annoying however realize others have much higher priority problems than this.

However would appreciate any suggestions and/or advice at your convenience.

Regars...........

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sikntired

sikntired
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 958 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:02 AM

Posted 20 April 2013 - 05:32 PM

Just wanted to let you know that through "trial and error" the situation has been resolved. Please disregard :whistle:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users