Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

virus attached to an update?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 quay95

quay95

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:25 PM

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:27 AM

Hi Everyone i hope someone can help me

My daughters laptop crashed for the third time. She has a Tobshiba satellite c675 running windows7 and fire fox as her browser

This is the third time it crashed saying the same thing. The first two times it was under warranty, when i called Toshiba they said i had to send it back. I did two times, six months apart and they fixed it twice. This time it is not under warranty. It crashed again 2 days ago saying the same thing as the last two times.
I called Toshiba and told them the problem and asked exactly what was wrong with it the last two times they fixed it. They told me it was a virus attached to an update and if I bought the warranty for $245 for a year they could have a tech with me on the phone right then to fix it.
Does any one think they could help me save the $245? its a lot of money on a fixed income.

This is what comes up on the screen its kind of long:

Windows boot manager:
Windows has encountered a problem connecting with a device connected to your computer (no device was connected)

tThe error could be caused by unplugging removable storage device such as an external usb drive while in use or faulty hardware such as a hard drive that is failing .Make sure any removable storage is properly connected and restart your computer.
If you continue to receive this message contact the hardware manufacturer.
statusOxcooooooe9

info: an unexpected error has occurred

There was nothing connected to the computer any of the times it crashed. my daughter said she was on word two of the times it crashed

Thank you,
hope to hear something soon

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,934 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:25 PM

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:49 AM

Hello, to fix this we need to get a deeper look. Please follow this Preparation Guide and post in a new topic.

Let me know if all went well.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users