Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer won't start after updating with AVG free and then restarting

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 missjulie

missjulie

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:39 AM

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:59 AM

Hi

Please can anyone help me. I updated with AVG free yesterday. Today I can't get past the login screen when I start the computer. It comes up with asking for a password, accepts it and then the screen just goes blank.

I've tried control, alt delete and it comes up with the options to

Lock computer
Switch user
Log off
Change a password
Start task manager

Can anyone help? I've tried taking power away and restarting in the safe mode, but am not getting anywhere.

Many thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 missjulie

missjulie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:39 AM

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:18 AM

After stopping stopping explorer.exe and then restarting, I have now been able to start the computer up to the normal screen with icons.

I cannot start the internet and i've just tried to access a word document and again word is not starting.

I've just got the windows task manager up and when I look at the services tab, all services have been stopped except PlugPlay and DcomLaunch. What are these?

Can anyone help, i'm a complete novice.

Thanks
J

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users