Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Java experts PLZ HELP in editing this mobile game?JUTF FILE TYPE?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Kusai

Kusai

• Banned
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 AM

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:13 PM

http://speedy.sh/88htJ/scenario.txt.JUTF

This is a JUTF file type of this 240 x 320 mobile game- http://speedy.sh/qqWP2/ssauna.jar

The jutf file contains the written plot of the game which is in russian language which I wanna edit to English.Help really needed Peeps. :(

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Billy O'Neal

Billy O'Neal

Visual C++ STL Maintainer

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,304 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:38 AM

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:17 PM

I don't think you're going to get very much help here. We are programmers, not linguists.

Billy3
Twitter - My statements do not establish the official position of Microsoft Corporation, and are my own personal opinion. (But you already knew that, right?)
Posted Image

#3 Kusai

Kusai
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:31 PM

I don't think you're going to get very much help here. We are programmers, not linguists.

Billy3

Oh but this has nothing to do with being linguists ???? I just want to know how to open a JUTF file type in eligible letters, seems like you are far from being a programmer, neways Sir can you recommend me any other site related to this?

#4 niemiro

niemiro

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 PM

Posted 27 April 2013 - 02:51 AM

Billy3

Oh but this has nothing to do with being linguists ???? I just want to know how to open a JUTF file type in eligible letters, seems like you are far from being a programmer, neways Sir can you recommend me any other site related to this?

I think you will find that Billy is actually a very good programmer. Certainly better than me, anyway.

Regardless, it looks to be a custom format. A quick look into the disassembly where it is loaded as a resource shows that it is really quite a simple file format (and the disassembly is of course in Java rather than C++ compiled assembly so it isn't exactly hard to understand :P)

Either way, grab the code, stick it into a new project, load the resource from a file, and let it run. Then you should have the Russian out, I think.

Then you need to do the hard work which is to write the exact opposite code, and re-compress your English (or just mod the actual Java program code, which would likely be easier)

Job done.

One of the very few people in the world who is truly enthused about Windows Update and how it works...

Yes, I'm a bit weird :P

#5 Kusai

Kusai
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:18 PM

Billy3

I think you will find that Billy is actually a very good programmer. Certainly better than me, anyway.

Regardless, it looks to be a custom format. A quick look into the disassembly where it is loaded as a resource shows that it is really quite a simple file format (and the disassembly is of course in Java rather than C++ compiled assembly so it isn't exactly hard to understand :P)

Either way, grab the code, stick it into a new project, load the resource from a file, and let it run. Then you should have the Russian out, I think.

Then you need to do the hard work which is to write the exact opposite code, and re-compress your English (or just mod the actual Java program code, which would likely be easier)

Job done.

ty for answering niemero, but I am like too confused with what you said :wacko:

Can you plz help this dumb guy out. :bowdown:

#6 niemiro

niemiro

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 PM

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:31 PM

Billy3

Job done.

No problem :)

Can you code in Java (reasonably well)? This is going to require a bit of coding....(it sadly isn't just a case of replace the language file)

It looks as though you used the Java Decompiler: http://java.decompiler.free.fr/

Did you?

Open up ssauna.jar.

Then Search > Search... for the term scenario.txt.JUTF. Put a check in the String Constant box.

Double click on file a (becomes more obvious when you see it :P)

You will be brought to a function called e. Here, you can see how scenario.txt.JUTF is read, and you can copy and modify the code to extract it into a more human readable format. However, there is something a bit weird about how its read though - yes it is chunked as expected, but it is parsed and manipulated entirely as integers - I just get the suspicion that it isn't what you think it is, but is actually a file containing not text, but a series of numbers to hold information about each level, map, goals, etc. - technical details, not language.

Richard

One of the very few people in the world who is truly enthused about Windows Update and how it works...

Yes, I'm a bit weird :P

#7 Kusai

Kusai
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:54 AM

Billy3

Job done.

No problem :)

Can you code in Java (reasonably well)? This is going to require a bit of coding....(it sadly isn't just a case of replace the language file)

It looks as though you used the Java Decompiler: http://java.decompiler.free.fr/

Did you?

Open up ssauna.jar.

Then Search > Search... for the term scenario.txt.JUTF. Put a check in the String Constant box.

Double click on file a (becomes more obvious when you see it :P)

You will be brought to a function called e. Here, you can see how scenario.txt.JUTF is read, and you can copy and modify the code to extract it into a more human readable format. However, there is something a bit weird about how its read though - yes it is chunked as expected, but it is parsed and manipulated entirely as integers - I just get the suspicion that it isn't what you think it is, but is actually a file containing not text, but a series of numbers to hold information about each level, map, goals, etc. - technical details, not language.

Richard

No I don't know anything abt coding in java :scratchhead: and I didn't use the java decompiler,I uses winrar to see the contents of the jar file.,so is the text in technical language and not possible to be altered to human language :mellow:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users