Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Is Stuck At Restart Window/ Windows Won't Load

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ncgal

ncgal

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:52 AM

Posted 07 April 2006 - 09:09 PM

Hi,

Just a few hours ago, my daughter was playing a pc game, it froze, so she went to restart..she clicked Start and then on Restart. The computer restarted. Well, the computer keeps landing on that black screen saying Windows did not shut down properly. I have tried to restart the computer in all three Safe Modes, Last good configuration etc... it restarts and then comes back to that black page saying Windows has been shut down improperly. Windows will not load at all.

I tried searching for this topic already and I didn't see one that was like this, so I hope I am not asking a repeat question. The operating system is Windows XP Professional.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ignorant 1

ignorant 1

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2006 - 10:59 PM

Hi, I seem to have a similar problem, although a bit more complicated. It also happened when playing a game, it happened to me on-line though. Was she playing on-line as well? Look into my topic to see if any responses I've received may apply to you.

#3 ncgal

ncgal
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2006 - 12:55 AM

Thanks ignorant_1, but I can't even get Windows to load in Safe mode, or any mode, so I don't think anything on your thread would help me, but thanks :thumbsup: I wish I could just get windows to load and I would do a system restore, ugh.

She was playing a demo for Civilization 4, but since it was a demo, there was no online gaming.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users