Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Certain Pages NOT Looking Right. Please Help!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Achillies

Achillies

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:03 PM

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:58 PM

My friend down the road is computer illiterate so I'm helping him out.  He can not see Facebook correctly... and I also noticed that Yahoo Mail looks the same too.  Please see attached picture to see what I'm talking about.

He doesn't recall doing anything different or downloading anything to have these changes happen.  It just happened all of a sudden.  I didn't notice any other pages/sites doing this.  I also suspect his security settings are too high because several sites bring up pop-ups from his computer mentioning things about "untrusted security certificates".  Could his security settings be doing this?

He uses Firefox 20, the latest updated version and XP.

I use Firefox too and noticed when I go to View>Page Style>  I see it's marked >Basic Page Style  His Firefox is set the same.  (so it's not that)

I removed Firefox and downloaded a new version.(same version, as he was already using FF20)

I opened/closed FF

I shut off and turned on computer (restart)

Any help would be very appreciated.  Thank you.

Achillies

[Edit:  This same thing happens with IE 8 as well.]

Attached File  page-not-right.jpg   103.56KB   8 downloads

Edited by Achillies, 18 April 2013 - 03:40 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:03 AM

Posted 18 April 2013 - 01:56 AM

Hello Achilles and :welcome: to BC community.

Please try running a speed test http://www.speedtest.net/ first if there is no bottleneck in between the browser usage. The only time I've experienced this loading problems is when there is slow bandwith. Another thing is to try refreshing the page or maybe try using another browser to check on the difference.

Additional Steps

Download SecurityCheck.exe from Here

. Run SecurityCheck and follow the instruction from inside the code box.
. When the scan is finished, a notepad will automatically open as check.txt
   Please copy and paste the contents here on your next reply.

Download MiniToolBox and open/run the program.
When open, checkmark or select all options then click Go.
A notepad will open then copy-paste the report on your next reply.

Tekken

#3 Achillies

Achillies
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:57 PM

Are there any other suggestions out there on how to try and resolve this?  It's for a friend who is handicapped and relies on Facebook to keep track of the latest "gossip" and to keep track of friends and family.

Thank you,

Achillies

#4 Required Field

Required Field

• Members
  • 169 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:03 PM

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:16 PM

You might try this- open internet explorer, go to tools (or the gear symbol), internet options, and click on the advanced tab, then click the reset button.  Also make sure you have the latest Java updates, if it's enabled.  Beyond that and the possibility of a bandwidth issue, I'd start looking into the possibility of infection.

Edited by Required Field, 25 April 2013 - 03:17 PM.

"Most quotes attributed to famous people on the internet are fake." -Abraham Lincoln

#5 Achillies

Achillies
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:40 PM

Hello "Required Field".

Are you sure of that?  Because this issue is with Firefox and he doesn't use IE, but has it on his 'puter. ??

Also, I have this issue on other forums and I just told him no one addressed the issued it could be a virus and I will do a multi-anit-virus check on his computer.  So kudos for you for being the 1st for at least mentioning that much.

Thanks,

Achillies

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,286 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:11 PM

Does the issue occur...when using any browser other than Firefox?

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users