Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Java giving me problems

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 dcx12

dcx12

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:26 PM

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:08 PM

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but, about 2 months ago I received an update for Java. I downloaded it as usual but it seems it never quite downloaded properly. Since then I am constantly getting a message to download and that my Java is unsecured. I don't know if I have a virus (my bit defender and mawarebytes don't show anything) or whats going on. My computer is running very slowly and always asks to close the window. I believe it could be a memory issue but not sure.

Regards,

Dani

Edited by dcx12, 17 April 2013 - 05:10 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:40 PM

Unless you regularly go to a website that uses Java, I suggest you follow the directions at this link and uninstall it. There have been security issues recently with Java and it is rarely used by most websites. There may be a few games that use it but most users don't need Java and it seems to be a nuisance.

http://www.java.com/en/download/uninstall.jsp

#3 dcx12

dcx12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:44 AM

Thanks for the reply. Sorry it took so long to get back. I don't believe I can uninstall Java because I use my computer for work and it requires Java to open the schedule, phone panel, etc.

#4 TulsaRose

TulsaRose

• Members
  • 367 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:26 PM

Posted 20 April 2013 - 01:59 PM

Dani, at this Java link you can Uninstall all the old Java files\folders and Download a fresh copy of Java . Be sure to reboot your computer after completion.   I just did this a few days ago and it worked like a charm.

Rosie

WinXP Pro sp3 \ Firefox, Panda, MBAM, SAS, SpywareBlaster

#5 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2013 - 05:30 PM

Thanks for the reply. Sorry it took so long to get back. I don't believe I can uninstall Java because I use my computer for work and it requires Java to open the schedule, phone panel, etc.

Does the Java logo ever appear in the systray?

#6 dcx12

dcx12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:12 AM

Thanks for the replys everyone. It seems I have a virus. My computer has been crashing for the last two days but today in particular, I couldn't get anything done. Also, today out of nowhere when I open ie, nothing but 4s kept filling my search bar and the user name bar for my job. So that definitely says something is wrong. I posted a new thread in the am I infected area. Thanks for your help though :-)

#7 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,098 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:26 PM

Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:50 PM

Am I Infected topic here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/493421/possible-virus-need-help-work-from-home/

To avoid confusion and potential conflicting information being posted I am closing this topic.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users