Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Malwarebytes does not like Kaspersky???

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 judyjht

judyjht

• Members
  • 799 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:29 PM

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:34 AM

I have been trying to scan my PC with Kaspersky but it never finishes.  It seems to get stuck and never finishes.  I contacted Kaspersky and the guy said that Kaspersky does not like Malwarebytes and to remove it.  I have never had any issues before so I am curious.  My PC is acting a bit weird.  I click on something and it might toke 30 seconds to a minute to react so that is why I wanted to run it originally.  I have to reboot and it works OK for a little while and then starts acting up again.

Kaspersky had me run "getsysteminfo4.exe" and I sent them the report.  This is what I received back from them.  I don't eben think I have "SuperAntiSpyware".   Any thoughts before I do this??  This is what they sent to me:

a) Use mbam-clean.exe to completely remove Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
mbam-clean.exe is a special tool created by the developers of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to completely remove all traces of the program from your computer.
To use the utility:
Download and run mbam-clean.exe from here https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/malwarebytes-anti-malware/_clean
It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so.

Disclaimer - Removal Tools
Any removal tools given are to be used at your own risk. Kaspersky Lab will not be held liable for any damage and/or loss of data that may result from running these tools. We are unable to provide support for the use of non-Kaspersky removal tools.

B) Please make sure you have removed SuperAntiSpyware in the Control Panel first. If you cannot uninstall, exit SuperAntiSpyware by right-clicking on the orange/brown tray icon in the lower right of your screen, then click Exit.

Download and run the SUPERAntiSpyware Uninstaller Assistant:
http://www.superantispyware.com/downloads/SASUNINST.EXE
Follow the instructions given by the Uninstaller Assistant.

For any other assistance with SuperAntiSpyware, please contact submit a ticket:
http://www.superantispyware.com/precreateticket.html

Disclaimer - Removal Tools
Any removal tools given are to be used at your own risk. Kaspersky Lab will not be held liable for any damage and/or loss of data that may result from running these tools. We are unable to provide support for the use of non-Kaspersky removal tools.

c) Please run a Windows XP Disk Cleanup:

Go to the Start Menu > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Disk Cleanup.
Wait for Disk Cleanup to calculate the space savings.
Check on the option for Temporary Files. This is a different line than Temporary Internet Files *click this too*
Make sure Downloaded Program Files is checked.
Recycle Bin should also be checked.
Click OK.
Click Yes.
Wait for the Disk Cleanup to complete. The Disk Cleanup window will close on its own when it is done.

d) I would also recommend you to uninstall and then reinstall Kaspersky Anti-Virus:

Step 1 - Uninstall The Previous Version:

Right-click on the Kaspersky K icon in the lower right corner of your screen and choose Exit.
Sometimes you may get a warning from Windows; that's normal and is OK to proceed.
Then, go to the Start Menu > All Programs > Kaspersky > Remove.
On the Window that will come up, select "Next".
On the next Window make sure no elements are selected.
Follow the prompts to complete the uninstallation.
Reboot the computer when prompted.

Step 2 - Delete the extra Kaspersky folders(sometimes, this step is optional; if no folders are found, proceed to the next step):

Make sure you can see the hidden files and folders:
http://support2.kaspersky.com/3580

Please delete the Kaspersky folders for installing and updating.
Click on the Start Menu.
Windows XP:
Click on Run and paste in "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\" with the quotes.
Then delete the folders named Kaspersky Lab and Kaspersky Lab Setup Files. Let us know if there are any errors, and it so what they are.
Empty the Recycle Bin.

Step 3 - Download and install the latest Kaspersky version:

You can download Kaspersky Anti Virus from the following link:
http://usa.kaspersky.com/downloads/product-downloads/kaspersky-anti-virus

The walkthrough for installing Kaspersky is here:
http://usa.kaspersky.com/store/install-kaspersky-anti-virus

Edited by hamluis, 17 April 2013 - 11:02 AM.
Moved from XP to AV, Firewall, etc. - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 judyjht

judyjht
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 799 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2013 - 02:12 PM

The reason I was wanting to scan my computer in the first place is that I thought I might have some sort of virus or malware since it is "acting funny".  Should I move this to the "Am I affected" forum? 

My PC is acting a bit weird.  I click on something and it might take 30 seconds to a minute to react so that is why I wanted to run it originally.  I have to reboot and it works OK for a little while and then starts acting up again.  Thoughts??

#3 TwinHeadedEagle

TwinHeadedEagle

• Security Colleague
  • 350 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:29 AM

Posted 17 April 2013 - 02:47 PM

I haven't had problems between Kaspersky and MalwareBytes, except that if you want to install Kaspersky you should uninstall MalwareBytes first. After that you can install MBAM normally.

There is a way how to set up exclusions in both programs

http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=93615

#4 judyjht

judyjht
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 799 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2013 - 02:54 PM

I have not had a problem until now!  I think I had Kaspershy installed first.  I hate to go through all that rigamaroll for nothing.   I think it is actually a different issue - I think I have "caught" something.   I am going to check the "am I infected" forum before I do all this.

Those instructions came from the Kaspersky Tech Support guys.  Thanks for the reply

#5 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,117 posts
  •  

Posted 18 April 2013 - 11:20 AM

I had a similar issue with the previous version of Eset NOD32 and Malwarebytes. Adding exclusions and a delayed startup quickly resolved the problem.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users