Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

comp doesn't recognize flash need it for FBI virus fix

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 CathyTnThelpforum

CathyTnThelpforum

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:30 AM

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:39 AM

Hello,

I'm a first poster here.  Seems I have given FBI Cyberdivision Virus control of my computer.  I have Windows XP svs. pk 3 .. My friend DeeJay suggested I try your self help fix for this malware/virus.  I have a much slower older cpu that I hooked up, borrowed a brand new memory stick, followed directions to load the required program onto the stick.

The instructions then state to start the infected computer, select boot option menu (F10 on my computer) and to select removable device, which I do and then the next screen says no removable device detected.  I AM using the computer that has the lock out by toggling on the "safe with networking mode".

I briefly read a couple questions and answers at the microsoft site which hinted I may need to run a fix it wizard to get the machine to recognize the usb. Well, clearly I can't do that until I get my screen unlocked or will I be able to run something like that in safe mode?

Am I a candidate for security analysts or am I still in the realm of doing this myself (well, clearly not by myself if I am asking questions here, but you know what I mean LOL)

Thank you in advance for any insight offered.

Cathy

Sacramento, California

TnThelpforum.com Sandbox Staff Member

(I think I still am :))

Edited by hamluis, 19 April 2013 - 03:36 PM.
Moved from External Hardware to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users