Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Malware, Adware, Spyware, Unwanted Popups

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ottostok

ottostok

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 AM

Posted 07 April 2006 - 05:28 PM

I have several problems that my antivirus, adaware se and ms antispyware will not get rid of.

I have run all of the above in safe mode w/networking on my W2K P3 PC and I am still infected with a variety of (we'll call them things) for lack of a better description. Some of them come up as adaware.look2me, but I note in my winnt/system32 directory there are several suspicious dll's that are running that are probably the root of this mess h5nolg5m16.dll although I think the name is changing depening upon the approach I take to trying to get rid of this thing.

Basically the issue is about getting rid of whatever hijacked my browser.

So where do we start?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• Members
  • 12,944 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:49 PM

Posted 07 April 2006 - 07:58 PM

Hi ottostok,

Please follow this post: Start Here It sounds like you have something that the standard fixes can't fix. Please run all the procedures and then post a HJT log. One of the HJT meambers will review it. Please be patient because these guys are very busy with logs.

Good luck ottostok,

rigel

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users