Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Underwater Photo Correction

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Lannabulls

Lannabulls

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:22 PM

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:34 PM

Hi everybody,

have a look please at the following 3 photos:

originalphoto2.jpg

- 1st Photo "original_photo_2", the original one as it was shooted before editing

correctphoto2adjlayers.jpg

- 2nd Photo "correct_photo_2_adj_layers"

here i remove imperfections by stamp clone and hiling brush tool then i apply some adjustment layers: exposure, channel mixer, photo filter and levels

correctphoto2adjlayersb.jpg

- 3th Photo "correct_photo_2_adj_layers_bscatter"

here i applied the same adjustmment layers as mentioned above than a noise>dust and scratches filter plus the history brush tool to reduce back scattering.

Can you explain please how to corrct it in a porper manner?

Do you notice that

the sun light refraction that come through the water, i'm referring to the bands of light coming down from the surface, it is a nice effect however, once the photo is edited, the sun refraction gradually fade and turns in a high digital noise (ie, like film grain), i hope i can make you understand by my poor written english, sorry!

The noise that i point at with red arrows is much more noticeable in the 2nd photo, in the 3th photo i was able to remove while removing back scattering with the noise and scratch filter + history brush however the nice effect generate by the bands of light coming down from the surface is fading, disapear, more i increase noise and scratch filter value, i gave a value of 5 px, more i able to delate digital noise however the sun refraction has been delated too turning in a wash out background.

Hoping i made you understood, any suggestion please how to correct this photo keeping the bands of light coming down from the surface without generating digital noise, the film grain that look very horrible?
Thank!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users