Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I have a Dell latitude d610 with new hard drive and no internet drivers

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 McDawg

McDawg

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:05 PM

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:09 PM

the hard drive crashed I had it replaced and got it back with no internet drivers. When I try to download drivers with my Asus laptop the only drivers it finds are the ones for the Asus. I need the Ethernet Controller driver and then I think I'll be able to get the wifi driver.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FlannelBack

FlannelBack

• Members
  • 327 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:05 AM

Posted 17 April 2013 - 02:29 AM

See if what you need is on the Dell, Drivers & Downloads for the Latitude D610 page.

#3 McDawg

McDawg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:22 PM

I went there and found a number to call Dell tech support and was told that my machine was not under warranty and could purchase the drivers for $138. I was also told that I would not find them for free. I asked the tech guy straight out yes or no buy the drivers or throw the machine away....he said that's correct. I told him that I would never buy another Dell product and would express those sentiments wherever and whenever possible.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,542 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:05 AM

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:51 AM

See http://www.dell.com/support/troubleshooting/us/en/19/Product/latitude-d610  (same link as provided by FlannelBack)  Try the Broadcom package listed under Chipset.

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 23 April 2013 - 10:21 AM.

#5 FlannelBack

FlannelBack

• Members
  • 327 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:05 AM

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:19 AM

I went there and found a number to call Dell tech support and was told that my machine was not under warranty and could purchase the drivers for $138. I was also told that I would not find them for free. I asked the tech guy straight out yes or no buy the drivers or throw the machine away....he said that's correct. I told him that I would never buy another Dell product and would express those sentiments wherever and whenever possible.

Something is not right then. To test, I just downloaded a couple of drivers for the D610 from that page, no problems.  I've never owned a Dell D610 and the Dell that I do have has been out of warrenty for quite some time.

Since your Dell is no longer under warrenty, you would have to pay for tech support/guidance. But the drivers can be downloaded from either the page hamluis gave or the one I gave free of charge.

Edited by FlannelBack, 23 April 2013 - 09:24 AM.

#6 doflyjets

doflyjets

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:05 AM

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:54 AM

I don't meant to pry but as I type right now I am on the same laptop the Dell Latitude D610 PP11L I have alot of drivers for it from the Dell drivers site. I can confirm that so far Dell has kept the drivers under a new url which hamluis provided. Be careful with the video drivers because this model had different variants for it. There is a ATI X600,X300, and Intel. I have archived the ones specifically for my service tag.

Edited by doflyjets, 14 May 2013 - 07:59 AM.

#7 McDawg

McDawg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:24 PM

I think I have the right WiFi driver but it won't install because Windows installer service isn't right. XP Pro fresh install sp1. I've looked for it at Windows support and I don't know which is the right one. 4.5 didn't work and the one that is for sp1 didn't work either. I've replaced hard drives in my pc and started from scratch many times and have never had this problem.

#8 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• BC Advisor
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:35 PM

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:46 PM

Hi 

You should install XP SP3 to work drivers and softwares properly. Here is the download link for offline setup installer of XP SP3. Download it from another system and copy it to a CD or USB.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=24

After SP3 finishes install the drivers from Dell site. After your internet connectivity is up, don't forget to update Windows to patch security holes.

Edited by Anshad Edavana, 17 May 2013 - 01:46 PM.

#9 McDawg

McDawg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:51 PM

I got it back online, it was that service pack 3 Windows Installer thing then the drivers installed, everything's fine now, doing updates and then personal adjustments. Thanks to everyone for the help.

#10 doflyjets

doflyjets

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:05 AM

Posted 25 May 2013 - 05:54 AM

It's good you got it online. This laptop uses Broadcom ethernet/ wifi. Windows XP doesnt have drivers for it. the drivers has to be installed from the Dell site. It also supports bluetooth. Thanks

Edited by doflyjets, 25 May 2013 - 05:55 AM.

#11 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• BC Advisor
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:35 PM

Posted 25 May 2013 - 11:19 AM

Hi

Glad to know that the issue is resolved  :santa:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users