Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 8 laptop with Pokki installed running insanely slow

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 puncture

puncture

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:43 AM

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:39 PM

This laptop was given to me by a friend and it was loaded with viruses including the winzip registry optimizer rouge anti virus. I used the prior knowledge I had to clean that out along with other registry issues and viruses. Yet, the laptop still runs really slow, and whenever the Pokki start button or bar is clicked, it freezes and the desktop vanishes. As far as I know, Pokki was preinstalled on here, and I know it's been used to replace the missing start bar in WIndows 8. What can I do to fix this thing?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,504 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:43 AM

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:54 AM

I would open a virus removal assistance topic to be sure everything has been cleaned up:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

I would then remove Pokki and instead use this guide to add a start menu back to Win8:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/start-menu-in-windows-8-with-classic-shell/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users