Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Re-sizing Windows 7 Desktop Wallpaper ?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 LouHatesComputers

LouHatesComputers

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 AM

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:28 PM

Hello, I have 2 middle-aged Windows 7 computers (they're both about 4 or 5 years old). On one of them, the pictures I use for desktop wallpapers are the correct size. Nothing is cut off. On my other computer, now with Win 7, any picture I select to make a desktop wallpaper is zoomed-in a bit. Its annoying. I have looked and looked and looked, and I can't find anything that will help this. There seem to be plenty of things that sound *close* , like re-sizing the desktop *itself*, but that's not what I want. I simply want whatever pictures I use as desktop wallpapers to be the correct size and not to be zoomed in. Like I said, I looked everywhere on Win 7 and can't find it. On the other hand, it could be right in front of me, but I just need someone to give me the right option to click 8-P  Thanks.   :scratchhead:

"Reports of my assimilation have been greatly exaggerated." --Capt.Picard, Star Trek: First Contact

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 AdagioBoognish

AdagioBoognish

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:11 AM

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:01 PM

Ha, love your name.

Well Windows 7 has a few options for background layout that can be changed in your settings. Click the Start Button, click Control Panel, and under Appearance and Personalization  should be a link "Change desktop background". Click Browse and select the folder where your desktop picture you want to use is saved. It will load all of the pictures in that folder so click the clear all button at the top and then check the box on the picture you want to use. Down in the bottom left corner you'll see a pull down menu named "Picture position:" There are a few options to play with so try selecting each one and look at how the background image changes. Hopefully one of those options is what you're looking for.

#3 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:11 PM

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:59 PM

Hi -

A few basic ideas if the post above is not a help you, but those settings usually work -

Is there anything else on the display "zoomed in" ? Is your desktop looking a bit larger than usual ?

2 options generally -

First have you hit CTRL (Control) and the ( + ) plus keys together, as this will increase your desktop and all items on it.

Next, if this is a desktop not a laptop, there are usually setting menus or buttons on the face of the actual screen -

Thank You -

#4 LouHatesComputers

LouHatesComputers
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:20 PM

AdagioBoognish Thank you so much! Woo! That did it :bounce: :thumbup2:  Yay emoticons 8-P

"Reports of my assimilation have been greatly exaggerated." --Capt.Picard, Star Trek: First Contact

#5 AdagioBoognish

AdagioBoognish

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:11 AM

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:25 PM

Haha awesome! Glad it worked for you Lou.  :bananas:

#6 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,920 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:32 AM

Change your desktop background in Windows 7 may be helpful to others reading this topic. Step 3 explains the options for Picture Position using the arrow: fit the screen, stretch, center, tile, etc.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users