Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

APRIL 15 OUTBREAK?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Eric1

Eric1

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:46 PM

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:21 PM

Soo.. Anyone elses notice an outbreak happening this afternoon?   Mbam blocks a bleepload of processes,  IE, Firefox, Mbam wont run,  or machines wont even boot...  Several friends that use me for computer help have been blowing my phone up for the last two hours... 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 BrianC24

BrianC24

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:46 PM

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:24 PM

today malwarebytes deleted some things and required a reboot and now when it reboots it starts but then goes to a black screen where i only have a mouse cursor... 

#3 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:46 PM

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:32 PM

Did malwarebytes remove Trojan.Downloader.ED?

Read the instructions given here

http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=125138&pid=669366&st=0&#entry669366

#4 Eric1

Eric1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:32 PM

Yep....  Came up saying it blocked a crapload of malicious processes, all being processes for firefox, ie, other programs etc...   I am now up in safe mode in one machine,  reinstalled mbam, actually only thing that will run/install, and doing a scan..  If mbam is the problem, then... well.. lol..

I couldnt get into the mbam forums with my user/pass, asked for a reset,  got to the verify stage, but they havent sent me my new pw yet, been over an hour and they say 10 min max...  .. hmmm...

#5 Eric1

Eric1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:44 PM

SOLVED!  MBAM FALSE POSITIVE..  http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=125138

#6 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:12 PM

You should be lucky.Atleast you are able to boot into safemode.We have many systems here which are unbootable now.Using recovery console to fix them..

Legitimate system files have been removed !!

trojandownloader.jpg

#7 BrianC24

BrianC24

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:46 PM

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:52 PM

narenxp, my computer will not even let me in safemode. What can i do?

#8 Eric1

Eric1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2013 - 11:27 PM

contact Mbam thru the link I gave you., they appear to be providing some level of support...   

#9 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:35 AM

BrianC24

Create a topic here.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/22/virus-trojan-spyware-and-malware-removal-logs/

We have some excellent tools to resolve unbootable issues.One of our malware response team members would help you

Edited by narenxp, 16 April 2013 - 05:36 AM.

#10 RompinRaider

RompinRaider

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 PM

Posted 16 April 2013 - 07:47 AM

Was on line yesterday when this happened. I did a 3 day restore point which seems to have everything running okay but still have 7 quarantined files...can't restore them, just stay in the quarantine folder. We shall see....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users