Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

jusched.exe and other entries

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 CasCollins

CasCollins

• Members
  • 177 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:59 PM

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:07 PM

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/startups/jusched.exe-16011.html Based on bleepingcomputer's startup list it said this process was undesirable. Is it accurate because I have this running on my task manager process list. I uploaded it to Virustotal and it was clean but I'm still unsure whether it's safe or not.

Note: Sorry guys I posted the wrong link. Just edited it. I also found jusched.exe using msconfig in the startup tab. Information on this is much appreciated. Thanks.

Edited by CasCollins, 15 April 2013 - 07:15 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,963 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:43 PM

Hello,

What is the file path for the file on your computer?  The file path is important.  The one you linked to shows this: C:\Windows\jusched.exe

There is a legitimate file of that name which updates Java.  Since Java frequently is exploited, it's important to keep Java up to date if you have it installed.

For more information, you can read this entry:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/startups/SunJavaUpdateSched-5259.html

Orange Blossom :cherry:

Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 CasCollins

CasCollins
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 177 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:49 PM

Oh thank you. I was scared for a moment because I noticed that all my computers had it. After reading the description of the link that I provided I paniced. Thank you for clearing it up. I've had some java problems in the past so I was just conflicted. Thanks so much for clearing it up.

#4 CasCollins

CasCollins
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 177 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:10 PM

I also have a few other items I want to check out. Should I start a new topic and work on each individually?

#5 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,963 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:17 PM

Go ahead and ask about them in this topic.  I'll edit the topic title to reflect that this will be about more than that one entry.

Orange Blossom :cherry:

Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#6 CasCollins

CasCollins
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 177 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:01 PM

In Users/Name/AppData/Roaming I have a folder named config as well as wklnhst.dat
Can you tell me what these are for? The config folder was empty and virustotal doesn't have information on the .dat file. In one of the other threads someone had this file too and it didn't help much. I scanned with MBAM and nothing came out as well as SUPERAntispyware.

#7 1972vet

1972vet

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,698 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:59 PM

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:50 AM

No worries...wklnhst.dat is a file native to the Microsoft "Works" software. It's harmless. The "Config" folder also should be left as it is as there are quite a few reasons why it may be present. While it's empty, I wouldn't worry. Keep up your security programs and scan often.

Disabled Veteran, U.S.C.G. 1972 - 1978
mvpsigpic.jpg
2009 - 2013

Member: U.N.I.T.E.
Performance and Maintenance for Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows Seven

#8 CasCollins

CasCollins
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 177 posts
  •