Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Infected my GF's computer, take two

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 bobbobobbo

bobbobobbo

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 AM

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:29 PM

Hi there, I posted a little while back about an infected computer.

"I was trying to send her a link to download this program that links android phones, I found a random download online and sent her the link. She commented back that the install really messed with her comp.... I double click the link again, and it redirects to "GFF_Downloader.exe", which seems to be some type of trojan?"

I thought it was resolved, yet it is not. She claims the computer is painfully slow, as well as issues with the internet. "Delta search" also affixes itself to many messages. Further I had PChelpforum take a look, they have done nothing to help, in an untimely manner.

So far I have ran OTL, aswMBR, and ADWcleaner. I know those are not the programs you use here... but I have attached the logs just in case someone may be able to utilize them. (I do not live with my GF so it takes time to run anything as I do not have access)

Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bobbobobbo

bobbobobbo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:56 PM

So far the only "cleaner" we've ran is the "delete" option in adw, she says no more log, yet "delta search" still shows on the bottom of facebook messages.

latest log attached

Attached Files

#3 bobbobobbo

bobbobobbo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:12 PM

I believe the threat has been solved according to that last scan.. you may delete this thread.

#4 nasdaq

nasdaq

• Malware Response Team
  • 39,520 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:31 PM

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:29 AM

It appears that this issue is resolved, therefore I am closing the topic. If that is not the case and you need or wish to continue with this topic, please send me or any Moderator a Personal Message (PM) that you would like this topic re-opened.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users