Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Really slow internet loading after pc has been on for more than 4 hours.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Chillie

Chillie

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:04 AM

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:46 PM

So I'm using Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 and Malwarebytes for virus/malware/adware/etc. detection and removal. According to both of these programs I don't have any viruses/malware/root-kits. So I am wondering why my Internet Explorer and Chrome become very slow after the pc has been on for four hours or more. The actual pc isn't slow, just the internet loading. If I reset the pc the internet runs quick again like it should. Should I reformat my hard drives or try something else? Below are my pc specs.

MB-Asus P8P67 Deluxe

CPU- Intel i7-2600k

Memory-16gb Corsair Vengeance LP

SSD-Sandisk Extreme 240gb

HD-Western Digital Caviar Black 1tb

GPU-EVGA GeForce GTX 680

PSU-Antec True Power Quattro 850w

Case-Antec 1200

Thanks for reading and I hope you guys can help me out here.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,318 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:31 PM

Nice rig...Are you monitoring the temperatures...video card, processor, motherboard, etc?

Have looked inside lately and checked for dirt, unusual noise or swollen capacitor caps on mother board?

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 Chillie

Chillie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:45 PM

Yes, I use RealTemp to monitor temps. They never exceed 62c and that is while gaming and web surfing, etc. Yes there is a window on the side. The inside is not dusty and there are no unusual noises. All the capacitors look normal to me.

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,318 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:02 PM

Second and last suspect that I can think of is something is leaking memory.

Have you checked memory usage when comp is running slow?

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#5 Chillie

Chillie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:26 PM

Yes, it seems to be normal. Should I run Memtest86 overnight?

#6 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,318 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:15 AM

I am not thinking at this time that it is a hardware issue. Seems overheating isn't the problem.

What browser are you using when the slowness creeps in? Does just closing the tabs and browser

then opening the browser increase the speed of sites loading?

If it is Firefox you are using, try cleaning it with BleachBit and allow it to "vacuum" Firefox. I have used

BleachBit in both Windows and Linux for 2 or 3 years now. No problems....similar to Ccleaner.

Download | BleachBit

#7 Chillie

Chillie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2013 - 01:08 PM

I have used Explorer 10 and Chrome. Neither get better with closing and reopening of the browsers. I use ccleaner and that hasn't helped.

#8 Chillie

Chillie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:44 PM

Bump

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users