Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Plugged in, Not charging

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Tikoxi

Tikoxi

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:28 PM

Posted 15 April 2013 - 12:48 PM

A relatively common problem among windows 7 users, I haven't yet been able to fix it. I'm running a Dell M14x, and my laptop's battery has about 9% charge left. The computer appears to be running only as well as it would as it does off AC only *aka: battery removed* and from past experience *this is a reccuring issue, third time now* when the battery hits 0%, if the power supply is removed, the laptop instantly dies.

Most fixes involve removing and updating the ACPI-complient Control Method Battery via Device manager, yet this has not worked. in past experience, merely removing the battery and replacing it starts charging again, though this no longer solves the problem.

The only discrepancy I can further find is that in the Bios, it merely lists under AC adapter [[Unknown]] despite it being the origional adapter with this machine. as far as I can tell, the adapter still works fine. Side note: All the diagnostics say that the battery itself still passes.

Suggestions? Known fixes?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users