Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Messed up temp folder, don't know how to fix.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Master Qiang

Master Qiang

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:37 AM

Posted 14 April 2013 - 10:00 PM

Hello, my computer has been acting really strange. I can't download anything because the temp folder has been mesed with, and I don't know how to fix it. Plus the privileges are all messed up and I have to right click "Run as administrator" all the time. If you know what the problem is I would be really grateful. :) I can't even play minecraft.

Edited by Master Qiang, 14 April 2013 - 11:01 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• BC Advisor
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:07 PM

Posted 14 April 2013 - 10:54 PM

How do you came to the conclusion "Temp" is messed up. If you want to clean temp files run TFC by oldtimer 

http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/files/file/187-tfc-temp-file-cleaner-by-oldtimer/

Also run disk cleanup from "Accesseries-->System Tool" and move your data from desktop and documents to another logical drive to free disk space on C.

#3 Master Qiang

Master Qiang
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  

Posted 14 April 2013 - 11:05 PM

How do you came to the conclusion "Temp" is messed up. If you want to clean temp files run TFC by oldtimer 

http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/files/file/187-tfc-temp-file-cleaner-by-oldtimer/

Also run disk cleanup from "Accesseries-->System Tool" and move your data from desktop and documents to another logical drive to free disk space on C.

Because I have photos that I couldn't open in windows viewer and I looked up some ways to cure it. Someone suggested making another temp folder and redirecting them to there. I think I have duel problems going on, but I will download the temp file cleaner and let you know. :)

I have 316 GB free out of of 454 GB if this helps.

#4 Master Qiang

Master Qiang
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  

Posted 14 April 2013 - 11:09 PM

Sorry, couldn't download here is a picture.

http://gyazo.com/57fa37813fe607de1209c57831957843.png?1365998837

Update: I tried to reset my Firefox I came up with this error as well.

http://gyazo.com/3adbec3d21e67ecc266e0298c3a79b19.png?1366000563

Edited by Master Qiang, 14 April 2013 - 11:37 PM.

#5 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• BC Advisor
  • 2,805 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2013 - 01:41 AM

So you have 316 GB free space in C Drive. Referring to the picture it looks like you have some kind of permission issue. First make sure you are running from an administrator account. If you still face problem in administrator account try re installing firefox. How downloading works in Chrome, IE or Opera ?

#6 Master Qiang

Master Qiang
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:00 AM

I downloaded it successfully from I.E. I thought it was more of a permission issue then anything else. This is the administrator account, which doesn't make sense. I used the temp folder cleaner and it had to reboot. What do you think would be the next step? Thanks again. :) Still having permission issues.

#7 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• BC Advisor
  • 2,805 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:47 AM

Hi

Try the following steps.

Uninstall firefox and install the latest version.

Open command prompt and enter "CHKDSK C: /F" to force a file system check. Check disk will ask your permission to do a check on next boot. Please press "Y" to confirm and restart your system to begin check disk. We are doing this to fix any errors caused by improper shutdown.

If the above steps didn't solve your problem, download "Tweaking.com Windows repair" from http://www.tweaking.com/content/page/windows_repair_all_in_one.html

Run the utility and unselect all option. Tick 'reset file permissions' (Refer the picture) and start the repair. Hopefully this will solve any permission issues.

#8 Master Qiang

Master Qiang
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:42 AM

Great news! It fixed the permissions and I am having no problems.I scanned my system for malware, didn't find any. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users