Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer not the same after trying windows 8

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 chispis93

chispis93

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:00 AM

Posted 14 April 2013 - 09:47 PM

So longstory short i had a bad ass no lag gaming rig
gtx 560 superclocked 1gb
i5 2500k
m4 crucial 60gb
windows 7 home premium (stock)

so i decided to try out windows 8 and it was horrible the fps, the sound issue, everything about it. so right away i did a clean format / install of windows 7 ultimate with seans guide like I had used before.
My rig as of right now doesn't run the games well anymore. I used to get 100fps all game in sc2 .. not anymore
i have done the following

-updated drivers

-checked inside the computer made sure everything in place

-updated windows 7

-set nvdia settings to > let the 3d application decided

-messed with my uefi settings ( gt frequency : auto ) ( achi enabled )

-disabled nagles algorithm

I have an as asrock h61m-hvs and the next step i will take to resolve the issue above is installing the newest bios or install windows home premium which is what the system came with and hope it's this ultimate that's causing all the lag in my computer. I can't even run League of Legends like i used too.. on sc2 i get lag spikes according to the FPS . I honestly don't think its my network that's the issue so please help. I don't know whats wrong with this system I installed windows 7 ultimate, all my drivers on my m4 ssd and the computer doesn't just run like it did before windows 8.

Please any help would be greatly appreciated. Sorry if i posted this in the wrong forum.
Any information needed i will gladly provide.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,279 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:00 PM

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:19 PM

<<...so right away i did a clean format / install of windows 7 ultimate with seans guide like I had used before.>>

A clean install generally removes any possible connection that is not hardware-related, IMO. 

Assuming that you have legal MS Genuine Windows disks and actually did format...I'd think that the next logical item to check out would be the hard drive.

The other consideration that I would think of...would be your overclocking.

Is the link below what you refer to as "seans guide"?

<< http://www.overclock.net/t/1156654/seans-windows-7-install-optimization-guide-for-ssds-hdds >>

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users