Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

InfoWatch CryptoStorage? What is this?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 karenluvs2collect

karenluvs2collect

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:11 PM

Posted 14 April 2013 - 01:10 PM

I am painstakingly trying to fix/repair my computer.  I have a 64bit OP w/Vista. I just noticed a program by InfoWatch

called CryptoStorage. I have no idea what it is and it was taking way too long researching it. Can I get rid of it? I am

really curious how I got it.   

Thanks,

Karen

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Members
  • 35,905 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 PM

Posted 14 April 2013 - 01:32 PM

It's an application that allows you to encrypt data on your machine to deny unauthorized access to that data. It may have been part of an OEM bundle or came bundled with another application. It retails for @24.95. Here is a copy of the user guide in .pdf format. That may help you decide to keep it or delete it.

http://www.it-administrator.de/downloads/datenblaetter/0709-Infowatch-Cryptostorage.pdf

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 karenluvs2collect

karenluvs2collect
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:11 PM

Posted 14 April 2013 - 04:14 PM

Thanks for the info. I decided to take a look at the user guide that you suggested and I flipped 1 page and there it was

the dreaded Kaspersky. It has taken over my computer. It's the 1 last issue that I can't quite seem to figure out. I had

downloaded the trial version of Kaspersky pure 2.0 (huge mistake- lesson learned). I have had people suggest to get

the uninstaller from Kaspersky, but in looking at the info. regarding the removal tool, it's not just a simple removal tool.

They say you need the code from when you installed the trial. And I already have problems because of a download

from Kaspersky, I don't need any more. Any suggestions?

Thanks for the help

Karen

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Members
  • 35,905 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 PM

Posted 14 April 2013 - 06:14 PM

My suggestion is that you follow up with your original topic here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/490876/help-with-kaspersky-issues/

You can link back to this one to give them more information. If indeed this is bundled with Kaspersky finishing your other topic may resolve this issue.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users