Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't view Youtube videos

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Runwiththewolf

Runwiththewolf

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:45 AM

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:50 AM

Smoothly, that is. ...among other weird performance issues. I'm hoping someone can help. (Toshiba Satellite C655 laptop, Win 7)

Whenever I try watching videos on Youtube, I need to constantly move the mouse in order for it to play through. The lag is annoying.

Also, when I'm browsing online, while trying to listen to music on iTunes, the music will skip like a CD. (music takes up most of my storage, but I have a free 200GB out of 282GB)

Pages take pretty long to load & pages will often freeze. I just have to wait endlessly through "Not Responding".
I've only had this machine less than a year.

Things I've Tried Already

-updated Adobe flash

-got rid of Firefox browser & installed Chrome. Slightly less lag, but still there.

-closed all other apps

-did a complete malwarebytes scan.

-did a complete Super Anti spyware scan. Nothing but a few Adware bugs that I got rid of. Problem persisted.

Could this be a bandwidth or driver issue? If so, how might I fix it? (for free, if possible)

Appreciate any help or advice.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 guichemot

guichemot

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 14 April 2013 - 08:34 PM

Having exactly the same problem, and have tried the same solutions.  I also tried clearing my cache using CCleaner and checked for malware processes using RKill but nothing is showing up.  My bandwidth is fine according to any and all speed tests I have done.  Anyone know whats going on?

#3 baymerlou

baymerlou

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:24 AM

I also am having youtube freezing on me.   I can watch videos I've downloaded but MOST youtube videos freeze after 1 or 2 minutes and I cannot start it up again.  It's like it's not buffering.   I just came from the virus, malware forum where I had help completely fixing my system but this youtube thing is still happening.   I use Firefox exclusively, everything is updated.  I tried using Chrome which is clean from any addons etc.. and still youtube videos froze. 

#4 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:45 PM

There may be no solution other than a fresh install of Windows. Frequently after virus removal, there are residual effects that may not be fixable. Maybe one of the guys can have you do some tests. But this looks like post infection issues.

#5 baymerlou

baymerlou

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:40 AM

Youtube seems to be the only videos that freeze on me I can watch on Vimeo just fine and others, just youtube from the site is a pain.   I'm not reinstalling my windows for that.

#6 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:27 AM

That's not what you said before. You said you had two other issues. Do you think it's a coincidence that you're having problems after the infection was cleaned? It's very common.

#7 baymerlou

baymerlou

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:35 AM

Seems like the problem fixed itself, I've been clicking on as many youtube videos and nothing has froze today.   Strange.

Are you talking to me frank?  Two issues?  I don't see that in my post.   My problem started before the cleaning, I just never mentioned it in the virus forum, thought maybe it was that, but it continued.   Now, it seems to have straightened out.   No, I haven't rebooted since yesterday so it wasn't resolved in a clean boot.  

Whatever it was I'm glad it's gone now.   I also tried on my phone yesterday and the same so maybe it was something in my broadband causing glitches. 

Edited by baymerlou, 18 April 2013 - 10:37 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users