Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Do You Vote?

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#1 unwanted

unwanted

• Banned
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:27 AM

Posted 07 April 2006 - 11:50 AM

Everyone including the dog on the street has an opinion on the gov taxes and how a country should be running or war etc.

Yet you find as bad as people in "rich" western society think they have it election turn outs show incredibly low turnouts...

alot of the lame excuses been "there aint nobody better to vote for"..this in my eyes is a vindication of how sucessful a democratic open society is like Ireland UK US etc.

You will find in Many countyies where voting is not a right, that people are literally die'in to vote..

My question stands, just out of general interest, how many of the BC vote?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rookie147

rookie147

• Members
  • 5,321 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2006 - 12:12 PM

I never have, and probably never will. I take the view that my say will not make any difference, although if everyone thought the same, nobody would bother and voting would be completely pointless
Perhaps a dictatorship DOES sound tempting.. :thumbsup:

If you are pleased with the service I have offered, you may like to consider making a donation. Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 Heretic Monkey

Heretic Monkey

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:27 AM

Posted 07 April 2006 - 01:45 PM

I haven't voted, but i have just recently become legal. I missed the cutoff for the last presidential election by like 1 month (had to be 18 by that time to register, and i still had a month to go). However, i will be voting in the next presidential election (not big on mid-term elections, i don't pay much attention to those).

#4 unwanted

unwanted
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 53 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2006 - 02:01 PM

I never have, and probably never will. I take the view that my say will not make any difference, although if everyone thought the same, nobody would bother and voting would be completely pointless
Perhaps a dictatorship DOES sound tempting.. :thumbsup:

C'om on! You got to vote!!

I know how you feel, thousands feel the same!!

Every vote counts

By the way ..Im not runnning for any election yet....although i sometimes get the feelin there are people in BC voting on my future :flowers:

#5 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:27 AM

Posted 07 April 2006 - 02:06 PM

I vote in every election.
Cheers,
John

I want to add:
Voting is just a part of participation. Communicating with your elected representatives, either face-to-face or by, for example, E-mail can bemore influential than a secret ballot. Joining groups of like-minded individuals and actively supporting a candidate is also another way to take part in a republican form of government.
J

Edited by jgweed, 08 April 2006 - 07:46 AM.

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,934 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2006 - 02:21 PM

Always vote , every election,always will.

If you don't vote you forfeit your right to complain
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#7 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:27 AM

Posted 07 April 2006 - 02:30 PM

I vote in every election.

Ditto.

I take the view that my say will not make any difference,

As soon as you believe that you will not make a difference, everyone else becomes indifferent to what you believe.

#8 ddeerrff

ddeerrff

Retired

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,724 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2006 - 02:41 PM

Ditto to those last few replies. Moreso in the low turn out local elections, every vote counts.
Derfram
~~~~~~

#9 Heretic Monkey

Heretic Monkey

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2006 - 02:43 PM

If you don't vote you forfeit your right to complain

And that's a VERY valuable right in the US :thumbsup:

Edited by Heretic Monkey, 07 April 2006 - 02:43 PM.

#10 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2006 - 03:10 PM

I'll be voting in the next presidental election. :D :thumbsup:

#11 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2006 - 12:31 AM

Haven't missed but two since 1978. In the hospital for one, bed ridden for the other.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#12 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2006 - 12:47 AM

Haven't missed but two since 1978. In the hospital for one, bed ridden for the other.

Why didn't you try for an "absentee" ballott? My grandfather did that during his last month here, October/November 2004, when he was bed ridden.

#13 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2006 - 12:59 AM

I was in a coma for 4 days in '84. In '92 I broke back the 3 weeks before the election. Absentee ends 30 days before. If I could have I would have. I'll put my record up againist most.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#14 snyper

snyper

• Banned
  • 513 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:27 AM

Posted 08 April 2006 - 02:58 AM

I was in a coma for 4 days in '84. In '92 I broke back the 3 weeks before the election. Absentee ends 30 days before. If I could have I would have. I'll put my record up againist most.

Sounds like a prety valid reason for not voting. I hope you are better, after that.

#15 SuzanneMarie

SuzanneMarie

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:27 AM

Posted 08 April 2006 - 08:44 AM

I have never voted and I never will. I came to the conclusion along time ago that the Powers that be have already decided what they are going to do, and for the most part it does not matter what we think or what we vote for.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users