Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Extensive Freezing, Disconnects, Japan based DNS Servers & infected Network PC's

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 afunlovinchick

afunlovinchick

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:46 PM

Posted 13 April 2013 - 10:35 PM

My family has a home-based network with approximately 10-15 PC's & devices.  We have Comcast Business Class cable internet & ATT DSL as a backup.  I am constantly having to clean all of the other PC's in the house for viruses and Trojans, etc.  I have suspected that my PC was also infected, however I have scanned using all the major virus scanners and I have not found a single infected file.    However, I have experienced multiple issues with my PC including long lag times, screen freeze-ups, odd programs that are not being used (i.e. paintnet, etc) accessing the internet, lots of strange TCP/IP activity & most recently a DNS server linked to Japan.  I am running a modest machine wi/ 32 bit Win Vista, quad-core w/ 4 GB ram.  I do occasionally use a proxy server but I was not using one at the time that the Japanese DNS server was linked.  I would appreciate your help to ensure that my PC is not infected and is running as it should.  It has been awhile since I have been on the boards, so please forgive me I have omitted some pertinent information.

Thank you in advance,

Nicky

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users