[UPDATE]: Problem has been resolved.
For some time now, when running Process Explorer, I have noted several items which when I hover the mouse pointer over, display a message which says, "Error Opening Path." Some of the items showing this message are, winlogon.exe, winnit.exe, and several rundll32.exe.
I tried to upload a jpg screenshot of part of the Process Explorer log, but the system here says the file is too big. The filesize is 508 KB.
The only other item to note is the computer seems to take a little too long to fully boot up and the CPU usage to normalize. (It will fluctuate radically anywhere between 0 and 100 %).
Measures taken so far:
- Ran CCleaner (NOT the registry cleaner part).
- Checked disk fragmentation - no issues.
- Restarted computer 3 times and also powered off and back on after a 20 minute wait.
- Ran scans with my AV, MBAM Pro, and SAS - all were clean.
- Ran CHKDSK - no problems.
- System Restore is set at 4%.
Edited by spc3rd, 13 April 2013 - 06:38 PM.