Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"Errpr Opening Path" messages in Process Explorer. Need Help Please.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 spc3rd

spc3rd

• Members
  • 292 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:15 AM

Posted 13 April 2013 - 12:22 PM

[UPDATE]:  Problem has been resolved.

For some time now, when running Process Explorer, I have noted several items which when I hover the mouse pointer over, display a message which says, "Error Opening Path."   Some of the items showing this message are, winlogon.exe, winnit.exe, and several rundll32.exe.

I tried to upload a jpg screenshot of part of the Process Explorer log, but the system here says the file is too big.  The filesize is 508 KB.

The only other item to note is the computer seems to take a little too long to fully boot up and the CPU usage to normalize.  (It will fluctuate radically anywhere between 0 and 100 %).

Measures taken so far:

- Ran CCleaner (NOT the registry cleaner part).

- Checked disk fragmentation - no issues.

- Restarted computer 3 times and also powered off and back on after a 20 minute wait.

- Ran scans with my AV, MBAM Pro, and SAS - all were clean.

- Ran CHKDSK - no problems.

- System Restore is set at 4%.

Edited by spc3rd, 13 April 2013 - 06:38 PM.

spc3rd

Dell Optiplex 755 Desktop | Win 7 Pro, SP 1, 64-bit | Intel Core 2 Duo, 3.00 gHz CPU | 8 GB RAM | 400 GB Seagate SATA HDD | Outpost Security Suite Pro | MBAM Premium 2.0 | Spywareblaster | SAS (on-demand) | Blocklist Pro | IE 11 & FF w/ NoScript | Disconnect | Adblock Plus | Flagfox

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users