Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

after reinstalling windows 7 hp 64-bit some problems

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Tierra93

Tierra93

• Members
  • 207 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:52 PM

Posted 13 April 2013 - 08:22 AM

I tried to install spywareblaster - twice and each time the icons leave the next time the computer is booted up.

Also, anyway to make the standard account able to update windows?

Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,912 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:52 AM

Posted 13 April 2013 - 03:26 PM

Hi,

To take the update problem first. Assuming that your copy of Win 7 is legit and validated, click on 'Start', 'Control Panel' and then 'Windows Update'. From this screen you should be ale to set your Update fucntions the way you want them. The default is normally 'Automatic'.

With regard to 'Spywareblaster', is the problem serious ?  Can you start it from the 'All Programs' list ?  If you can, then is it important to have a desktop icon? If all else fails, go into 'Windows Explorer' and find the .EXE file for Spywareblaster, right click on it and chose 'Send to Desktop (create icon)'. This alternate method of creating icons may give you a more permanent one.

Regards,

Chris Cosgrove

#3 Tierra93

Tierra93
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 207 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:52 PM

Posted 13 April 2013 - 05:26 PM

Thank you.  However, I already have updates set the way I want them - for me to choose when to install, I want to be able to install from general account without needing to use a password.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users