Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Java not installing correctly

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 VocaloidLover

VocaloidLover

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:49 PM

Posted 13 April 2013 - 03:32 AM

Despite what the installation wizard tells me I'm fairly certain Java isn't installed correctly in my computer

this is my third attempt and the problems seems to be the same.

I've been running the offline installer of java 7 update 17 on a windows 7 computer (32-bit)

C:\Program Files\Java\jre7

-there is no /bin folder

-there is no /lib folder

it appears the entirety of the files in core.zip remain unpacked.

manually unpacking these folders from core.zip has not yielded results in the past

-patchjre.exe is 0kb and attempts to run it display the message

-- "C:\Program Files\Java\jre7.exe is not a valid Win32 application."

Control panel

-there is no java icon

I suspect this has to do with the fact that the aforementioned /bin folder where the javacpl file is should be is missing.

Other

-Java programs fail to run

-fails the test on http://www.java.com/en/download/installed.jsp?detect=jre

--"Java™ is required to display this content."

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:49 AM

Posted 13 April 2013 - 08:59 AM

Use the program in link below to remove Java. Then check in your programs list....Add/ Remove...

to be sure all old Java is removed. Then try reinstalling. Do you really need Java? Security experts

recommend not installing Java or keep Java plugins disabled in your browser(s) and only enable when

needed.

Completely Remove Java Using SingularLabs’ JavaRa | SingularLabs

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 VocaloidLover

VocaloidLover
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:49 PM

Posted 13 April 2013 - 02:40 PM

right.

downloaded JavaRa 2.1

selected Update Javara Definitions

Updated Javara definitions

selected Remove Java Runtime

-step 1 no uninstaller found

selected Next

peformed removal routine

exited wizard

went to add/remove programs

found java 7 update 17

selected java 7 update 17

removed java 7 update 17

restarted computer

redownloaded offlune installer of java 7 update 17

reinstalled  java 7 update 17

I now have exactly the same problems as iterated earlier

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:49 AM

Posted 13 April 2013 - 03:06 PM

In the link in my first post is this:

Still having issues?

Despite our best efforts, sometimes JavaRa proves ineffective at removing broken JRE installations. We recommend trying Revo Uninstaller (or a similar product).

Wouldn't hurt to clean up temp files, etc. before using Revo. Use Ccleaner for that. Default settings should do it.

CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

Be sure to watch and uncheck the offer to install Yahoo Toolbar or other during install.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users