Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pixels scramble after I have the computer up for a while.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 hankypank

hankypank

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:20 PM

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:34 PM

My operating system is Windows Vista 32.  My computer is a Dell XPS 420.  Intel ® Core ™ 2 DUO CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz  2.99 GHz 4.00 GB

I began experiencing problems with the pixels scrambling (screen filled with random letters or blocks of green and white then various other colors merge) after an automatic update to  my ATI Radeon 3600 display adapter.  I started receiving the event code 41 in the Event Viewer - Kernel Power - Log Name:      System
Source:        Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power  See below:

Date:          4/11/2013 10:01:07 AM
Event ID:      41
Task Category: None
Level:         Critical
Keywords:      (2)
User:          SYSTEM
Computer:      Judy-PC
Description:
The last sleep transition was unsuccessful. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, failed, or lost power during the sleep transition.

I also receive this Event Code:  Log Name:      System
Source:        EventLog
Date:          4/12/2013 6:35:23 PM
Event ID:      6008
Task Category: None
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      Judy-PC
Description:
The previous system shutdown at 6:31:19 PM on 4/12/2013 was unexpected.

WHen my computer starts scrambling the pixels, it will eventually shut down and restart.  I also get a blue screen periodically and it does a memory dump.

I also received an error regarding my Event Viewer.  It stated that the number and size of the events were using too much space.  I don't know how to delete any of the events.  I copied one of each administrative event and pasted them into a Word document.  I didn't see any way to delete them afterwards.

I appreciate any help you can provide. 

Edited by hamluis, 13 April 2013 - 04:57 PM.
Moved from Vista to Internal Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users