Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

VPNs

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 zapping

zapping

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:09 AM

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:28 PM

Hello,

I was recommended by some coworkers to try out a VPN service...specifically StrongVPN.  I was wondering if anybody had any experience with them and whether they are recommended.  From what I understand, some software installation is required so I want to be sure I'm not putting something nasty on my computer.

Any insight or recommendations would be great!

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,828 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:09 PM

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:55 PM

I guess the first thing to ask is what is your expectation for using a VPN? Why or for what purpose are you paying for this service? Once you answer that then you can decide if it's worth the time and effort and cost to set up.

Strong VPN is a reliable VPN service but like any VPN it takes time and effort to set up and configure properly. Not following directions and rushing could leave you feeling frustrated and feeling you have an inferior product. Again you need to balance your expectations with the product.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 ARAN001

ARAN001

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:09 AM

Posted 13 April 2013 - 08:08 AM

Hi,

Most of the VPN providers will provide with their own customized client (with GUI of course) so that you don't need to configure server settings manually. If you use VPN protocol like PPTP & L2TP, you can connect to VPN service without the need of 3rd party software or driver.

I would suggest you to try out BolehVPN, it is fast, supports P2P, no logging, etc. 

PS: I'm currently a CyberGhost VPN user, as soon as my subscription ends(from TuneUp promotion), I will definitely stop using it, because it is too slow for me.

Edited by ARAN001, 13 April 2013 - 08:09 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users