Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

pretty sure my computer is hacked,beyond repair ?? what to do ??

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Mommy2-3

Mommy2-3

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:08 AM

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:04 PM

I am so lost have been working on trying to fix my computer myself and figure out what is wrong with it for a week now, i'm almost thinking its beyond repair and ready to throw it off the balcony of my 3rd floor apartment !! Someone who knows something please help ~ Sorry in advance if this is so long , i'm going to try and explain the best I can what is going on and what I have so far done the best I can, but im almost positive I have one or more hackers corrupting my computer. 
I have Sunquest Fix It Pro installed on my computer which I bought from walmart, there are three categories on it, optimize, security, and one other (not sure) this disc is supposed to fix the problems on your computer, and when your computer is working right all category levels should be at 100 % .  When I first got the disc and hit fix it, it did its job and all my levels went to 100 %, well a few weeks later my computer starts running really slow, along with that I start having problems with my ebay account, everytime I signed into ebay this screen would pop up saying "Suspicious activity has been detected on your account, please enter your information to confirm your identity and continue" and it would ask for my name, address, and all my credit card information", OF course I wasn't stupid and DID NOT enter any info, which made it impossible to search or use my ebay, I created a completely new ebay account on the same computer and same thing happened, couldn't use ebay until personal information is entered, so I then go to my parents house and sign onto my ebay from their computer and everything is fine, no message.  I now know it has something to do with my computer, I run my fix it pro again and this time I get a message that all my levels could not be restored to 100 % one being security, it says "firewall has been disabled, please go to security center and fix this problem" .  I go to my security center and sure enough my firewall is set to off, I try to turn it back on and computer will not let me, im not sure what the error message thing said exactly just something along the lines that my action couldn't be completed and needless to say I couldnt get my firewall set to on.  So I kind of just forget about it , continue to use the internet and my computer continues to run slower and slower, I have to keep shutting computer off and restarting it because now my facebook page keeps loading up funny and I can not read messages or anything, fix it pro keeps saying the firewall thing needs my attention so I start googling what to do and come across this zonealarm thing that you can download that is supposed to be a web surfer with firewall built in , I download it and use it for about a week, I stop getting the ebay message, so I think zonealarm has fixed whatever, WRONG !! Im using the computer one evening, its still running slow, and this WIN32 message comes up and says "internet explorer needs to close", I shut off the computer, when I turn it back on it acts like it will start but all I get is my wallpaper, no start button, no icons, nothing.  I ctrl-alt-delete a zillion times until task manager finally shows up and shows a zillion task managers under processes along with some other stuff, but I can not end any of the processes, I try to run new task - being explorer.exe, nothing so I keep hitting new task and keep typing explorer.exe, I do this a zillion times until finally my start and everything slowly comes back, i cannot use the internet, and by now i know i have a problem so have been googling from my ipod and researching all of this , i think its some virus so i go into safe mode as administrator do all the task manager explorer.exe again till i can access My Computer and i start dissecting all my files , I check mark to unhide all my hidden files, i learn from a website that most viruses are in document and settings files, so i go there and *BAM* find two files that i know to be "BAD" from seeing them while researching, they are "MYBABYLON" and "BUNDLESWEETIM" i look under their properties and see when they were created so now i have an estimate of when this stuff started, i delete some other stuff in that folder that was created around the same time, but mybabylong and bundlesweetim will not delete, i go to advance settings, and some weird named user like 378_restricted_lct8034 is controlling them, i remove him and put administrator to control and they delete, i keep searching thru files in mydocuments and settings and find in some tempinternet folders millions of folders with files of websites, and pictures and notepad documents that i open which have those weird codes typed ... the pictures and websites are definitely not sites i have ever visited , all this stuff was created on or around the same days, and i can tell these folders i am looking in are folders that someone has hidden because they were not showing up untill i clicked "unhide files", and these folders are also lighter in color, meaning they were hidden, i started deleting some of these files, and that is where im at now, feeling overwhelmed because everytime i open a different folder it seems there is more stuff that looks bad in it, even a folder listed as realplayer has stuff that looks bad that was created the same day. Also as i was trying to delete some of those websites and files there were a few more files that wouldn't delete, so i opened up their properties and advanced and this one is controlled by a different nameduser (NOTE: that i only have two accounts on my computer, 1 being Administrator and the other being myself and those are the only 2 that are visible to me when i go into control panel, user accounts) this time when i try to switch who controls this file so i can delete it i go to where the users are listed and inherit and all that and i go even further to where it says show users, administrators and secure something or other and click find and a whole list of about 15 different users show up with misc. names like administrator123 , user798, group785, 347_hidden, admin539_757, user_S, and etc. THESE USERS DO NOT SHOW UP FOR ME UNLESS I DO THIS which is why i think these must be different hackers who are in my computer getting on all these weird websites and doing all this screwed up stuff to my computer i didn't even know about, someone HELP this is getting overwhelming and im at the point now where im lost as what to do next , i don't want to spend all the time deleting files if it will not help !! ........ once again sorry so long and thanks to anyone who can help

Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users