Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Local Area connection disappeared, replaced with LAC 2

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 hellbringer616

hellbringer616

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:57 AM

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:49 AM

Working on a computer with a bizarre issue, somehow it's original Local Area Connection was removed saying the "adapter has been disconnected" and has been replaced with Local Area Network #2 on the exact same network adapter, The problem is in order for some software to function i need a static IP address already assigned to the old (vanished) LAC.

I sifted through the registry and found the original LAC and removed it, and then things got strange. It said i had no LAC at all, none. but i still had internet connection, And i still couldn't use the static IP i needed to use.

So i restored the registry settings i deleted and restarted, then LAC was back, and it was the original. But it was DHCP assigned and i still cannot use my static.

Scanned for viruses with mbar and mbam and found nothing.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users