Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7- "No audio hardware detected"

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Pizzaboxbill

Pizzaboxbill

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:49 PM

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:35 AM

Hi, I'm new to this forum. Iv been having issues with windows 7 after i did a fresh install, it will not detect my audio speakers or my headphones. I was thinking that i might need to update the bios, but that seems to be impossible. Iv looked everywhere and cant find a update for it. Maybe you guys can help?  

http://oi46.tinypic.com/5al7bm.jpg

Here is a shot of the desktop with the icon in the corner.

http://oi48.tinypic.com/besi3d.jpg

Windows is not detecting my hardware

http://oi46.tinypic.com/162af5v.jpg

System INFO

http://oi48.tinypic.com/rt0ysx.jpg

MOBO/BIOS info.

http://oi49.tinypic.com/24vogb6.jpg

Showing that there is hardware and that its updated.

Any info would be nice. I'm probably just missing something and its right in front of me. 

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Pizzaboxbill

Pizzaboxbill
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:52 AM

Any help would be nice. thanks 

#3 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,007 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:49 AM

Posted 12 April 2013 - 03:48 PM

Hi,

If it was't for your nice screen shots, I would have said uninstall the devce drivers, re-boot and reinstall them !  However, it may be that the default settings in your soundcard are pointing at the wrong things.

If you go to the right hand end of your task bar, you should find an icon for your soundcard - it may be in the hidden part, Just click on the double upward pointing arrow, then right click on the soundcard icon. From this, you should be able to get a screen that shows what inputs and outputs are active or connected. If your desired sound output is not pointing at your speakers, just change it to the output you want. That should activate your speakers, and your headphones should go with them.

One thought - is your headphone socket actually wired connected to the sound system ?

Chris Cosgrove

I am going to be away until about the 22nd October. Time on-line will be reduced and my internet access may be limited. PMs may not be replied to as quickly as normal !

#4 Pizzaboxbill

Pizzaboxbill
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2013 - 12:36 PM

I'm pulling sound off the built in sound ports off my MOBO, So there is no setting like that. My GPU Has a setting in its Dashboard for Audio, but thats for the HDMI port. Iv cleaned the ports out with air and looked over the whole MOBO and i see no issues with it.. Any thoughts on how to resolve this?

#5 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,007 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:49 AM

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:50 PM

Hi,

I'm out of the country at the moment and won't be back to my own computer until Monday and the wi-fi system I am guesting on gets switched off every night at 2300 local, but, here goes :

When you did the re-install, did you run the MOBO software disc to install the audio drivers ?  To my knowledge - and I am quite willing to be corrected - there is no way to stop audio comiing out of the MOBO connectors if the software drivers are installed and running, short of a broken motherboard. Try running the MOBO install disc and see if that does the trick.

Chris Cosgrove

I am going to be away until about the 22nd October. Time on-line will be reduced and my internet access may be limited. PMs may not be replied to as quickly as normal !

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,281 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:49 PM

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:32 PM

The audio device reflected in your posted graphics...is strictly for HDMI.

You need to install the onboard audio drivers for your motherboard.

Board specs:  http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&docname=c00757531#N199

Audio drivers can be found on the Drivers CD which came with the system...or you can download the correct drivers for your system, after inputting correct system model data into the HP website.

Louis

#7 WalkingAtNight

WalkingAtNight

• Members
  • 128 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:49 PM

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:51 PM

From checking on the motherboard, it seems to have realtek audio ALC888 check here, A8M2N-LA (NodusM3)

So the appropriate driver should be here at Realtek High Definition Audio

Should download version R2.71 for the 32bit or 64bit respectively.

Hope that helps.

-----

sorry, didn't notice the above reply Hamluis.

Hope the driver from realtek works Pizzaboxbill.

Edited by JaureguiRoberto, 18 April 2013 - 04:54 PM.

#8 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,281 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:49 PM

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:14 PM

:thumbsup2: , I didn't want to suggest the Realtek website as a source because Realtek has a statement indicating that OEM system owners would probably be better served by using drivers supplied by the system manufacturer...but it's a valid alternative :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users