Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems 101

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 sumguy#1

sumguy#1

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:19 PM

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:52 AM

Hi,

It's been giving me the blue scree of death with the following information:

Checking file system on c:

The type of the file system is NTFS.

One of your disks needs to be checked for consistiney.  You may cancel the disk check, but it is strongly recommended that you continue.

Windows will now check the disk.

CHKDSK is verifying files (stage 1 of 3)

File verification completed.

CHKDSK is verifying indexes (stage 2 of 3)

Index verification completed

CHKDSK is verifying security descriptors (stage 3 of 3)

Security verification completed

100%

After that is scrolls so fast I can't tell you what it said, but it booted on up like normal.

Also, I can be online in my email, open another site, have my documents folder open, and the computer freezes up and the only way to get things going again is to shut the tower down, wait a minute and start up again.  It's getting really frustrating trying to stay online or to do things in my documents.

R. I've been getting the same thing, computer freezes up, all buttons become non-functional, can't restart, or do anything else other than to shut down via the power button. Which is not good if you have been working on a word processor project, as you lose whatever you were working on.

But I have gotten the blue screen twice this week, with white lettering describing what you have above relative to CHKDSK running at unannounced times. My screen was turning a whitish color, but could see whatever was on the screen. I keep getting a "not responding" in the upper part of the screen. I use Firefox and was wondering if the whitish screen/freeze ups may have something to do with the Firefox settings?

But don't think the blue screen/CHKDSK has anything to do with Firefox settings?

sumguy#1

Mod Edit:  Split from http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/490312/ - Hamluis.

Edited by bloopie, 14 April 2013 - 07:40 PM.
PM sent new OP - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,549 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:19 PM

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:03 PM

Reference:  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/490820/i-have-set-mse-updates-for-manual-install-but-it-auto-installs-anyway/#entry3019903

OP has open MRL topic, this topic is now closed to prevent confusion.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users