Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help Needed !!!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 HalfBreed

HalfBreed

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:41 PM

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:58 AM

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, because I'm not sure what has happened, I'm Nurssing student trying to study for a 2 huge test via my ASUS U 80 Laptop. (going crazy sitting at the desk all the time) any way everything fine was on laptop via wirless modem, Lost the wireless signal (I have verified it is still available) ran a trouble shoot on laptop which tells me the no wireless signal available wireless turned off. I click over on the wireless controls to turn it back on and --- it won't let me turn the wireless back on. Could it be that the wireless card has stopped working altogether? Help---Desperate! Any ideas???? At least I can keep studing on my desktop but must have laptop up before school on Tues. next.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• Global Moderator
  • 15,153 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:41 PM

Posted 12 April 2013 - 03:39 AM

Has the wireless enable switch been bumped to the off position? Little slide switch on the right hand edge above the ExpressCard slot.

Top 5 things that never get done:

#3 HalfBreed

HalfBreed
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:33 AM

I feel kinda dumb now, never knew that switch was there. Thank you very much, I knew if I got to the right place I could get some help, thanks once again I appreciate it very much.I knew I would find great help on-line from someone a lot more computer savy than me. Kinda makes me feel pretty dumd, boought this laptop used a couple years ago for school, never had this happen.

HalfBreed

#4 Platypus

Platypus

• Global Moderator
  • 15,153 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:41 PM

Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:58 AM

Glad I could help! It's easy to miss a little switch like that, especially if you never normally use it.

Top 5 things that never get done:

#5 HalfBreed

HalfBreed
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:30 AM

Thank you, you are right, I've never used it to know it was there

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users