Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Does Ayone Know Of Any Good Pop Up And Antispyware

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 hbomb69

hbomb69

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:31 AM

Posted 07 April 2006 - 07:13 AM

if u know any good spywhere remover and pop up blockers let me know :thumbsup:

Edited by jgweed, 07 April 2006 - 04:09 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Members
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA

Posted 07 April 2006 - 07:26 AM

Here's a whole listing of Freeware Replacements For Common Commercial Apps
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,765 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:31 AM

Posted 07 April 2006 - 03:47 PM

In addition to KoanYorel's excellent list, here is another list specifically related to viruses and malware. hth

Be (Malware Preventative) Safe

Da Bleepin AniMod, Animal

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#4 cabledog

cabledog

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:31 AM

Posted 13 April 2006 - 08:39 PM

I use pop up stopper, and I never get any popups. Do a search on Google to find it, it's free.

#5 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2006 - 11:31 PM

Using Firefox or Opera as your browser will eliminate almost all pop-ups; both are usually faster and have more modern features than IE.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#6 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 14 April 2006 - 03:57 PM

If you do decide to use Firefox (highly recommended for everything except Windows Updates and other sites that require Active X), I would recommend you also download and install the Firefox extention named "ADBLOCK".

The Google Toolbar (for IE) has an excellent popup blocker built into it and so does Yahoo's Toolbar. (Be aware Google does collect information from your computer if you use certain of their toolbar's features (which you do not have to use or allow) like PageRank and Desktop Search (info which Google claims remains anonymous) and I don't know about Yahoo's, but I do use them both.

Edited by Enthusiast, 14 April 2006 - 03:58 PM.

#7 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  

Posted 14 April 2006 - 10:05 PM

I would recommend you also download and install the Firefox extention named "ADBLOCK".

I also enjoy the extension, "Nuke Anything." It allows you to remove irritating things from a page before you print, and on some sites it's really handy for killing an ad that's right in front of what you're trying to read.

These days, there are so many extensions that it's nearly impossible to sort through them all.

#8 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2006 - 12:36 AM

Lately Firefox has updated versions so often that the extensions have a hard time keeping up!

I just updated to 1.5.0.2, highly recommended because of several exploits existing, and now find Roboform isn't yet supported on this version. I'm sure it will catch up soon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users