Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows cannot find 'H:\snkb0ptz\snkb0ptz.exe'. Make sure you...

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Pokeluigimon

Pokeluigimon

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:27 PM

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:48 PM

Hello, I am new to the forums, and I have a problem.

When I try to open a folder inside my PATRIOT (H:) USB, windows pops up this following message, "Windows cannot find 'H:\snkb0ptz\snkb0ptz.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again."

Here is a screenshot of above: http://prntscr.com/108ouz  

When I click on the foder "Word Documents," It also opens a command prompt window as well as give me the "Windows cannot find ..." error.

Here is a screenshot of that: http://prntscr.com/108pm0 

Also when I go to properties of the folder, the target of the file is: %WINDIR%\system32\cmd.exe /c "start %CD%snkb0ptz\snkb0ptz.exe && %WINDIR%\explorer.exe %CD%Word Documents"

Here is a screenshot of that too: http://prntscr.com/108q8p 

Is this a virus? How can I fix this? I really need the files inside my folder!  Thank you!

Edited by hamluis, 01 May 2013 - 10:59 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infectedd - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,934 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:27 AM

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:57 PM

This is/was a virus.. Did you scan and clean the PC prior to seeing this ??

If so...
Its not unusual to receive such an error after using specialized fix tools.
A "Cannot find...", "Could not run...", "Error loading... or "specific module could not be found" message is usually related to malware that was set to run at startup but has been deleted. Windows is trying to load this file but cannot locate it since the file was mostly likely removed during an anti-virus or anti-malware scan. However, an associated orphaned registry entry remains and is telling Windows to load the file when you boot up. Since the file no longer exists, Windows will display an error message. You need to remove this registry entry so Windows stops searching for the file when it loads.

To resolve this, download  Autoruns

Create a new folder on your hard drive called AutoRuns (C:\AutoRuns) and extract (unzip) the file there. (click HERE if you're not sure how to do this.)
Open the folder and double-click on autoruns.exe to launch it.
Please be patient as it scans and populates the entries.
When done scanning, it will say Ready at the bottom.
Scroll through the list and look for a startup entry related to the file(s) in the error message.
Right-click on the entry and choose delete.  --->>this file snkb0ptz\snkb0ptz.exe'
Reboot your computer and see if the startup error returns.
Credit to quietman7

Edited by boopme, 11 April 2013 - 10:06 PM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Pokeluigimon

Pokeluigimon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:33 PM

This is/was a virus.. Did you scan and clean the PC prior to seeing this ??

If so...
Its not unusual to receive such an error after using specialized fix tools.
A "Cannot find...", "Could not run...", "Error loading... or "specific module could not be found" message is usually related to malware that was set to run at startup but has been deleted. Windows is trying to load this file but cannot locate it since the file was mostly likely removed during an anti-virus or anti-malware scan. However, an associated orphaned registry entry remains and is telling Windows to load the file when you boot up. Since the file no longer exists, Windows will display an error message. You need to remove this registry entry so Windows stops searching for the file when it loads.

To resolve this, download  Autoruns

Create a new folder on your hard drive called AutoRuns (C:\AutoRuns) and extract (unzip) the file there. (click HERE if you're not sure how to do this.)
Open the folder and double-click on autoruns.exe to launch it.
Please be patient as it scans and populates the entries.
When done scanning, it will say Ready at the bottom.
Scroll through the list and look for a startup entry related to the file(s) in the error message.
Right-click on the entry and choose delete.  --->>this file snkb0ptz\snkb0ptz.exe'
Reboot your computer and see if the startup error returns.
Credit to quietman7

When I clicked on your Autoruns link, it said Firefox can not establish a link with technet.microsoft.com. Not working with Google Chrome or Internet Explorer either. Here is screenshot: http://prntscr.com/108uim   

Also a few months ago, my Kaspersky Antivirus 2013 stopped working. I couldn't run it. Tried uninstalling and installing with no success. I can't scan with any antivirus right now.

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,934 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:18 PM

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb963902.aspx

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 Pokeluigimon

Pokeluigimon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:57 PM

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb963902.aspx

I have followed your instructions, extracted Autoruns into a folder, ran it, waited for it to scan, then searced for a file related to the error. I have scrolled through the entries serveral times, but I could not find anything related to snkb0ptz\snkb0ptz.exe or anything related to the error.

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,934 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:08 PM

Hello, your 3 screenshot link only go to a tool not an image.

#7 Pokeluigimon

Pokeluigimon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2013 - 06:39 PM

Hello, your 3 screenshot link only go to a tool not an image.

It was working for me yesterday. The website probably deletes them every 24 hours. I'll try to post the images soon.

Edited by Pokeluigimon, 14 April 2013 - 12:28 AM.

#8 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,406 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:27 AM

Posted 14 April 2013 - 09:31 AM

FWIW:  How To Capture And Edit A Screen Shot - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic43088.html/page__gopid__2493350

Louis

#9 Pokeluigimon

Pokeluigimon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:10 PM

I can not repost the images because they must have been deleted by the website. I can not screenshot it again because I deleted the folder and replaced it. It fixed the problem, but running .exe files usually causes a lot of trouble. The most common message: Windows cannot find 'Whatever_.exe_file_I_tried_to_run'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.

I can not install any antivirus programs because I can not run the .exe file. I could not find any suspicious .exe startup items using Autoruns. Tried going through msconfig -> startup, but couldn't find anything there either.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users