Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mass Mind Control Through Network Television

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 82_bleepingirl

82_bleepingirl

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 AM

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:34 PM

Are our thoughts our own or are we programmed to believe what the few that own the media and movie industry want us to believe? Is it far reaching or do they just use it to sell products?

I knew it had been done in the early days of television when it was discovered how easy it was to put suggestions straight into the subconscious causing people to prefer one product over another..in other words, we would buy what we were being programmed into believing was our preference..

Is it still being done?..if it is, is it just to sell products or is it to influence us in other ways? If it is.. is it dangerous or harmless?

Are our thoughts really our own?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:11 PM

Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:44 PM

I would not necessarily use the word "programmed", but obviously the media is trying to influence you - it's called advertising.

As to whether your thoughts are your own - that depends on your level of critical thinking. Apply the lessons of Socrates and reflectively reason on your actions and beliefs.

The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 82_bleepingirl

82_bleepingirl
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2013 - 05:44 PM

This was my experience and quite the eye opener ... btw you are quite right about critical thinking..  You take someone that is under 5..the age before the conscience mind is developed and sit him in front of the tv for hours a day.. he will never learn without some sort of intervention, how to think critically... and he will never understand those that do.. and he will always be easily influenced by anything the media spits out.. The media has it down to a fine art and everything is geared around it..

Getting back to my experience..  The television was my companion growing up. I don't see any need to go into why that is, so I won't.. But it was a habit I had for years until it was brought to my attention the harm it could do to not only myself, but my children as well. Understanding what was at steak, I went to great lengths to curtail my viewing but it was always short lived and before I knew it, I would be right back to it.. I read to watch only black and white and that would stop a lot of the addiction ..So I bought one..and it was very difficult to find..this was back in the early 90's.. I got rid of the other tv's in the house and put the blk&wht tv up in the unfinished unheated unairconditioned attic .. I sat up there and froze but still watched it alot.. too much.. I did that until my life took a change and I worked seven days a week long hours and this forced me to get my work done at home and fall into bed and before I knew it.. I was no longer addicted.. I have only watched tv when staying in motel rooms since that time.  Now when I'm in a situation I'm around it..it disturbs and saddens me because I can see plainly how manipulative it is....

Edited by 82_bleepingirl, 13 April 2013 - 05:51 PM.

#4 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,125 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:11 AM

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:13 PM

Want an eye opener?  Google "Cameras in cable boxes", there is a bunch of proof that it has been going on for quite some time.  Snopes tries to debunk it but there is too much proof besides any fool knows not to trust Snopes!  The box companies give explanations all of which I think is BS.  I don't care about their facial recognition plans BS it is just plain wrong.  You have to wonder where we are headed with all this snoooooooping!

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#5 82_bleepingirl

82_bleepingirl
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:26 PM

Sad to say, most people do believe everything they read on snopes like it came straight from God himself.. snope says it ..then it has to be true. Oh well .. as far as the cameras..I've wondered myself if some of our electronics might have them hidden.. If they have the technology.. you know they do.

Back in 2009 when they gave the 40.00 coupons to the koolaid crowd.. I figured it was to make sure the lemmings  would not have to do a single minute without their mind control.. After the mccain/obama election..they really stepped it up to the point I could not imagine it not being evident.. It seemed to me alot of people woke up at that point ..but most got worse.

Edited by 82_bleepingirl, 18 April 2013 - 12:31 PM.

#6 Required Field

Required Field

• Members
  • 169 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:11 AM

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:17 PM

One of my favorite t-shirts of all time says, "Why do you think they call it 'programming?'"    Broadcast media has always been used in this way, as has the writen word.  It may not be "brainwashing," per se, but it would be foolish to believe that when a person or group tries to convey an idea over the airwaves or on the internet that they are not trying to be, at the very least, persuasive.  When you watch the news, whether it be slanted left or right, it is still slanted.   They report what they want you to know, and word things in ways to make a subject more (or less) sympathetic.  Consider these two headlines about the same event- "Teens Shot In Scuffle With Police"  and  "Suspects Apprehended, Wounded After Robbery."  Every sitcom, every cartoon, every ploice proceedural on T.V. has a moral or life lesson tied to it, something the writers want you to believe, and yes, they hope it affects your behaviour, but mostly, they want you to stay tuned...because ratings means advertisers, and advertisers means money.  Hey, we all have to eat, right?  I lived with out television for two years, and after a while, I began to notice how very...simple...people were.  It appeared to me that no one could have a conversation anymore without quoting some television show or talking about the things that happened to fake people in fake situations on a little box in their living room.  It was a very lonely feeling.  I discovered I could no longer interact with people my own age, because I couldn't relate to them.  They seemed to have no thoughts of their own, they just aped what they say on television.  "Did you watch (raunchy sitcom) last night?  Wasn't it funny when (funny thing) happened to (principle character)?"  Whatever they believed about politics, religion, or the world at large was usually a paraphrasing of something someone smarter and wittier than themselves said in a song, or a T.V. show, or a movie.  Not quoting great minds to make a point or because it's already been said better than they can articulate, but simply because they've never thought any further than that.  Then I realised I was probably just being a self-righteous snob, and maybe I wasnt much fun to be around, either.   T.V. can be entertaining and enlightening, and it can be as good a source of information as any book.  Sometimes it's fun to chuckle with a friend over a particularly funny scene in a show, or to quote people or toss in pop culture references when they're appropriate.  So I took the stick out of my ass, turned on the tube, and learned to stop looking for the bogeyman on every channel.  Is he still there?  Maybe, sometimes...I just ignore it.

"Most quotes attributed to famous people on the internet are fake." -Abraham Lincoln

#7 82_bleepingirl

82_bleepingirl
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2013 - 05:29 PM

Interesting.. I read an article that said when people start noticing things, pretty much the way you described.. they can't handle it and go back..  maybe that's what you did, on a subconscious level of course.. I know how much it has disturbed me..but I couldn't go back once I woke up.. believe me..there have been many times I cried out to God - not being able to handle the reality of it all..but yet not being able to go back ..  It's a hard place to be... but we all will wake up when the crap hits the fan..  better to not be in denial and have it blind side you.. imho.

#8 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,125 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:52 AM

Snopes says it is false!  One must take a little time searching there is quite a bit out there.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#9 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:13 PM

Is there a mass conspiracy to program our minds? no. otherwise, we would all be slaves, we would have no constition, no arguments etc. However, the old phrase what goes in must come out is true, if you fill your mind with junk, its going to affect your thinking-theres nothing subliminal about it. If you say, see a commercial for said product 15 times in an hour, and its a catchy commercial that catches your eye, then when you go to wal-mart and see it on the shelf, your twice as likely to watch it. Same with violent movies, if you watch violent movies 24 hours a day. . . then it could affect your thinking. Just sayin.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#10 82_bleepingirl

82_bleepingirl
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:04 PM

You know...with all the information that's still out there on this topic.. one can still educated and deprogram himself... tv viwers have been programmed to believe anyone that talks conspiracy ..is a nut.. and that Christians are evil and delutional ..they have been conditioned to that mind set for far more then to get them to buy one cleaner over another.. I was going to list some excelent videos and links..but what for?

Just try to shut that thing off and walk away.. I dare ya...you can't do it and don't know why...

#11 Required Field

Required Field

• Members
  • 169 posts
  •  

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:51 PM

If you have sources that have evidence to support one theory or another, by all means, include them. Anything that contributes to tthe conversation is valuable. We can all only speak to our own experiences, after all, so why not? :) I don't believe all nuts who rave about conspiracies, but then I don't discount all conspiracy theorists as nuts, either. I say, present the evidence, and let the people decide.

"Most quotes attributed to famous people on the internet are fake." -Abraham Lincoln

#12 82_bleepingirl

82_bleepingirl
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:40 PM

Sources? Evidence? I have none.. reading material and videos, there are plenty.. It's like anything else.. you go along only knowing what you have learned through lifes experiences until something happens or someone comes along and gives you something new to chew on.

When I was first introduced to it.. I could not grasp it.. Someone with an iq of 160, well educated and high standards tried to explain it to me.. Now this was back in the early 90's before it was so in your face as it is now.. I believed him because I knew him and his family well.. but it took me a long time to really get it.. For me it was the mccain/obama presidential race.. To me it was so obvious what they were doing..It really upset me..but one either goes into denial until his conscience stops bothering him..or he allows himself to go to the scary place..

Here's a link if you have an interest.. http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/ciencia/ciencia_nonlethalweapons09.htm

Btw patriot11, if you watch tv and movies without knowing the truth..then yes, you are a slave..as is almost everyone else. You have plenty of company.

#13 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,204 posts
  •  

Posted 27 April 2013 - 08:57 AM

Ted Kaczynski's IQ was measured at 167 in the 5th grade. Admitted to Harvard at 16.

A smart bomb-er...

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#14 82_bleepingirl

82_bleepingirl
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  

Posted 27 April 2013 - 02:54 PM

Budy215..what does that have to do with the price of beans?

There is so much out there on this topic these days that I run into it often without trying.. I read the following this morning by chance:

20 years ago it was common knowledge that 50 Companies Controled 90% of US News/Media. Today 6 Corporations Control 90% of US News/Media.

GE -Time Warner- News Corp- Disney- Viacom- CBS

This means 232 media executives control the information diet of 277 million Americans...Total revenue for the bix six was 275.9 Billion.

Considering campaign contributions purchased this situation... why would it be so far fetched to believe they are pumping subliminal messages into your subconscious continuously?.. It's a proven fact that they did it in the early days of radio and tv and is extremely easy to do... You take the politicians over the many years getting their campaigns funded by these six corporations and there you have it.. America is really ran by the corporate giants..

BTW Buddy215..did you read the entire article or just take a glance?

Edited by 82_bleepingirl, 27 April 2013 - 03:00 PM.

#15 ryan_w_quick

ryan_w_quick

• Members
  • 488 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:15 PM

I watch mostly "how to" shows.  Luckily, I guess, I'm just being programmed with more skills like growing, painting, and cooking.  I'm okay with that. 

Although I do have a thing for antiquity, so my brain has now been programmed to believe that aliens created all of the ruins around the world. lol, I can probably live with this, too.

Seriously though, I think the current human being, at least here in the USA where I live, we've just gotten so far away from what's important that I don't know how much it matters anymore.  You're concerned about the TV programming you?  I think we've been programmed by "GENERATIONS" of bad habits and irrational thinking, passed from irrational parent to child, in turn to their child, and so on.  So in the grand scheme of things, if one is being awkwardly programmed in a completely unnatural way, through an entire childhood, and then doing that to their kid as well, what does it really matter what the TV says?  It's probably too late to fix any of this stuff... Just saying.

"To do less than your best is to sacrifice the gift." Steve Prefontaine

"The things you own end up owning you." Tyler Durden

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same god who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." Galileo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users