Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

the new FBI virus (Cybercrime Division)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 BewareOfButtlice

BewareOfButtlice

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:09 AM

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:33 PM

Ive got two computers in yesterday with the, what appears to be new, fbi virus with the banner for FBI. Cybercrime Division banner. Was able to remove the virus on the first computer using Hitman Pro followed a few other tools to remove traces/rootkits but the second one wont connect to the internet. Hitman launches and then says "Waiting for internet connection" with a 5 minute countdown. I've removed dozens of these fbi viruses since they have came out and havent had one this annoying yet...

i'm usually able to boot into safe mode with command prompt and install/run malware-byte but after a full scan with the latest update installed (even copied from another computer), it doesnt detect and remove the fbi ransomware. I've tried rescue cd's and everything but nothing detects it!

Does anyone know the general location this virus hides? I would gladly just manually remove it if i knew where it was.

followed the guide http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-fbi-cybercrime-division-ransomware/

Edited by BewareOfButtlice, 11 April 2013 - 02:46 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 BewareOfButtlice

BewareOfButtlice
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:09 AM

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:18 PM

Booted into safe mode with command prompt again and went over the drivers in device manager. they had a bunch of tunnel adapters which i uninstalled. After that, Hitman/Kickstart was able to connect to the internet, scan and remove the fbi virus.

to get to device manager inside safe mode with command prompt, type start mmc.exe then go to file and select devmanager (or whatever is closest to that).

Edited by BewareOfButtlice, 11 April 2013 - 04:19 PM.

#3 camaro69

camaro69

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:09 AM

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:06 PM

hello

my sister has the same virus i tryed using the same guide that u guys have but when hitman pro starts it wants an internet connection witch for sum odd reason its not detecting. after 30 sec, i get the "blue screen of death" and it keep rebooting.maybe im doing something wrong can someone plz help i would apprecate it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users