Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Does IGFXTRAY.exe need to be uninstalled, again?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 pdoyle

pdoyle

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:46 AM

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:42 PM

Please tell me if igfxtray.exe needs to be uninstalled after installing a Radeon HD 5450 graphics card?

Installation of the card requires the integrated card software to be uninstalled, before installing Radeon software and card.  I thought I had done this using windows uninstall; and Intle HD Graphics doesn't appear in programs anymore.  HOwever, Intel ® Extreme Graphics icon continues to appear in task tray; and igfxtray.exe is shown to be running by Windows Task Manager.  It appears still as Disabled start-up program in WinPatrol Plus.  Clicking on the task tray icon does not open the graphics control center; yet it's still there.  Lately the pc has been freezing...needs restarting.  i wonder if the Intel and Radeon graphics software is possibly causing the freezing.  Or is this Intel program needed for another component; like chipset?

Do I need to uninstall the Radeon software;

reinstall the intel integrated graphics software;

then uninstall the Intel using Revo uninstaller to make sure i get all?

then reinstall the card and software?

thanks!

pdoyle

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,290 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 AM

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:48 PM

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/startups/igfxtray.exe-2147.html

If the drivers for onboard video are installed but you are not using such...I would simply go into the BIOS and disable the onboard video.  That would prevent the drivers from even loading or coming into play at all.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users