Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Virus

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 karo

karo

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:34 AM

Posted 07 April 2006 - 03:44 AM

Hi guys

my laptopinfected with virus, i dont know the name of it, however this is the discreption of the virus.

when ever I click on any folder to open, in the open wendow it will make a copy of itself with the same name but contains of whatever in mydocument. and also the system shut down by itself every now and again. please need help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 *Desdinova*

*Desdinova*

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:34 PM

Posted 07 April 2006 - 08:14 AM

Hi Karo :thumbsup:

What Operating System do you use (Windows XP, Windows 98, ... ) ?
Have you tried running an antivirus program yet ?
Try running one in safe mode, so the computer doesn't shut down
How to start windows in safe mode

If you don't have any antivirus software aboard, startup in safe mode with networking
and scan with an online virusscan, f.e.
Trendmicro's Housecall
Symantec security Check - virusscan

and/or install an antivirusscanner
4 Simple Steps for removing Spyware, Hijackers, Viruses, and other Malware

If this doesn't solve anything, perhaps you can try posting a HJTlogfile
First read this topic and follow all instructions
instructions
Then, post the logfile here
HJT subforum

Good luck :flowers:

#3 karo

karo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:34 AM

Posted 07 April 2006 - 03:54 PM

hi desdinover
Im using Win XP, i have tried to run the comp in safe node with network, but ther is not much time to scan the pc online, when i click on the link the pc start shuting down.

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,597 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:34 AM

Posted 07 April 2006 - 05:40 PM

Try this.

Download and scan with Ewido Anti-Malware v3.5
Ewido Install and Scan Instructions

Download and scan with Sysclean Package.
1. Create a new folder on drive "C:\" ("C:\New Folder") and rename it Sysclean.
2. Place the sysclean.com inside that folder.
3. Then download the latest Virus Pattern Files [lptXXX.zip].
4. Extract the lptXXX.zip pattern file into the same folder you created for sysclean.com.
5. Close all open applications and DISABLE your current anti-virus software. Some anti-virus programs such as Avast will alert you to a virus attack when running sysclean so it's best to disable them first.
6. Open the Sysclean folder and double-click on sysclean.com to run.
7. It will take some time to complete. Be patient and let it clean whatever it finds.
8. Exit when done and re-enable your anti-virus program.

Note: This tool generates a log file [SYSCLEAN.LOG] in the same folder when the scan is completed and can be run in "Safe Mode".

If your still having problems afterwards or cannot do these scans, then I suggest you read and follow all instructions in the pinned topic titled Preparation Guide For Use Before Posting A Hijackthis Log.

When you have done that, post a log in the HijackThis Logs and Analysis Forum, not here, for assistance by the HJT Team Experts.

It may take a while to get a response because the HJT Team members are very busy. Please be patient as they are volunteers who will help you out as soon as possible. Once you have made your post, please DO NOT make another reply until it has been responded to by a member of the HJT Team. Generally the staff checks the forum for postings that have not been replied as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response, a team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another HJT Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users