Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireless

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 macrip3

macrip3

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:46 PM

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:22 AM

I have purchased a new router as my old one is about to crash.  After, I move I am going to hardwire the modem to my mother's dell computer and wireless it to mine via USB Adapter.  Is there anything I should know?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,123 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:46 PM

Posted 20 April 2013 - 07:13 PM

That's a bit confusing, Do you mean your going to connect the Router to your Modem (The modem is how you connect to the internet usually provided by your ISP) then your moms laptop to the Router with a LAN cable. Finally your computer will connect via wireless using a USB wireless adapter?

Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users